Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

What is the current draw for the GPON ONT?

SOLVED
pcnerd
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

What is the current draw for the GPON ONT?

Message 1 of 5
(1,680 Views)

I want to plug the ONT into a UPS. I need to add up the wattage of the devices that I want to plug into the UPS so that I can decide what wattage UPS to get. I have the black ONT. The voltage is 120. Do you happen to know the current or the wattage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: What is the current draw for the GPON ONT?

Message 4 of 5
(1,578 Views)

The Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia 211 is colored black and the size of a large paperback book. It is used by Verizon when a customer subscribes to Internet speeds over 100M. The newest ONT being installed in NYC for customers who order Internet service higher than 1G looks identical to the 211 (minus the F connector for cable TV service).

If possible, can a picture of the actual ONT be posted? (Note that submitted pictures are queued for Moderator approval before that appear). 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dexman
Gold Contributor II

Message 2 of 5
(1,666 Views)

The Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211 has a minimum consumption of 7W and a maximum of 10.5W based upon what I can find online.  🤔

pcnerd
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(1,583 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply. Where on the ONT would I find the model number or whatever it's called?

I have a 1350 VA UPS. I want to plug in my computer, monitor, ONT & router. Websites tell me that I need to add up the wattages of all of the devices that I want to plug in & choose a UPS that has more than the total wattage.

dexman
Gold Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(1,579 Views)

The Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia 211 is colored black and the size of a large paperback book. It is used by Verizon when a customer subscribes to Internet speeds over 100M. The newest ONT being installed in NYC for customers who order Internet service higher than 1G looks identical to the 211 (minus the F connector for cable TV service).

If possible, can a picture of the actual ONT be posted? (Note that submitted pictures are queued for Moderator approval before that appear). 🙂

pcnerd
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(1,368 Views)

I reckon that you have answered all of my questions. Thank you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title