WHERE IS THE WI-FI HOTSPOT DOWNLOAD PROGRAM HIDING ON THE VERIZON WEBSITE?? I CAN'T FIND U !!!
MAYBESOMEDAY
Enthusiast - Level 3

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY VERIZON DOESN'T PUT THE WI-FI HOTSPOT DOWNLOAD LINK OUT IN PLAIN SIGHT SO SOMEONE WHO IS PAYING FOR IT CAN DOWNLOAD IT TO THEIR COMPUTER???

WHATS THE BIG SECRET??  I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED, AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!

WHY NOT JUST LET EVERYONE WHO HAS FIOS SERVICE HAVE IT, AND LETS HAVE IT OVER WITH??

TO THE SMART PEOPLE AT VERIZON, WHEN U FIND THE LINK, CAN U PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT {edited for privacy} AND LET KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT !!  

THANKS, A USER! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHERE IS THE WI-FI HOTSPOT DOWNLOAD PROGRAM HIDING ON THE VERIZON WEBSITE?? I CAN'T FIND U !!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Basically visit http://www.verizon.net/ and sign into your MyVerizon account. Once signed in, under the "Accounts & Services" section itself where you can see things like your bill overview, you'll find a link to register for Verizon Wi-Fi. Click on that and you should be given instructions on how to set it up, such as installing the program and how to use it. Someone a bit more filled in to how it works with the new site might help better than I will, since I do not have the Verizon Wi-Fi service offered to be due to my DSL package (ironically showing up as a FiOS package?)

View solution in original post

Re: WHERE IS THE WI-FI HOTSPOT DOWNLOAD PROGRAM HIDING ON THE VERIZON WEBSITE?? I CAN'T FIND U !!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Basically visit http://www.verizon.net/ and sign into your MyVerizon account. Once signed in, under the "Accounts & Services" section itself where you can see things like your bill overview, you'll find a link to register for Verizon Wi-Fi. Click on that and you should be given instructions on how to set it up, such as installing the program and how to use it. Someone a bit more filled in to how it works with the new site might help better than I will, since I do not have the Verizon Wi-Fi service offered to be due to my DSL package (ironically showing up as a FiOS package?)

Treefrog1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue. Verizon's web site is NOT designed to make things easy.

It never has been.
I don't understand why it is such a convoluted mess, but that fits right in with all of their support. (Apparently they don't update their support scripts either, which results in instructions from techs that have no basis in reality.)

Smiley Frustrated

Anyway...

Last month I posted about the hot-spot issue and someone in the forum posted this which worked for me:

"Hover over my verizon and then select VIEW all from the my services menu  > then select internet on the left hand side menu > then select manage under the verizon wifi section.

Manage gives you two options 

Find Wifi Hotspots 

WiFI how to demos

Select Wifi how to demos and then click and follow the registration link

when you get there, it wants you to sign in, you sign in with your main account, and then you go through the Wi-fi registration steps to make a Verizon WIFI username  

these are going to be seperate usernames, one used for your account and online access, you already have this one

and the next is one specifically for wifi hotspot access, you are creating this one (if you haven't already done so) "

Good luck!

0 Likes
quasilyonchase

re: 

Manage gives you two options 

Find Wifi Hotspots 

WiFI how to demos

this is missing from my account and I have quantum.  I have an icon on my laptop labelled "register for wifi hotspots" but it send me into an endless log into account loop.

I called Verizon support- couldn't help me.  I visited a Verizon Fios sotre..and the two representative were admant....Verizon doesn't have Wifi Hotspots.

I look forward to the day when another vendor will be able to supply access to internet.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes