Who is in charge here?!!
FedUpWithFios
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am writing to express concern for the quality of service I have received from Verizon Fios in the short period that I have been a customer. Upon registering for a new TV, phone, and internet service in February; I have had a number of issues that have taken a significant amount of time and energy to resolve. Problem #1: My TV service was inactive for the entire first month of service. After scheduling two different appointments to have my service checked (the first technician never showed up but reported the issue had been resolved) I was finally able to enjoy my cable service. Next, I misplaced my rebate card that would grant me a free Verizon tablet but customer service was unable to provide me with accurate information to receive a new card. I was told to visit any Verizon store, but this proved to be false. I was transferred to a number of different customer service representatives who each told me they would transfer me to the appropriate rep. This also proved to be false when the fourth representative immediately ended the call after 15 seconds. I never received a follow-up. After becoming frustrated with the low quality service, I decided to give up and not inquire about my reward gift. 

The next issue manifested when I realized that nearly three months had passed and I still had not received my rebate pre-paid Visa card. I was told (and instructed from the Verizon FAQs) that my reward would be pending for 60 days, processed for 10 days and then shipped soon after. This too was false. After 60 days, I noticed my account had began processing as it should. After 10 more days my reward notification said that my reward would be sent, but a few days later I received a notification that my account was past-due and my reward would no longer be processed. 

My account is current, but my reward account still says my payment is passed due. Today, I spent an hour on the phone with multiple Verizon customer service representatives to have this issue resolved. Once again, I was transferred to multiple representatives until I began to demand to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor for the Reward's center (Pedro {edited for privacy}) was quickly able to submit a claim to have my tablet confirmation resent directly to my email, but he was unable to issue my reward Visa card because of the hold on my account for a past due balance. He instructed me to give the payment center a call to have them release my information to the rewards center so that he could personally take care of my situation.

Again, I called the customer service center and this time asked to speak to a supervisor to avoid having the same conversation with the an associate who could not properly assist me. I was denied the opportunity to speak to a supervisor by Bill ({edited for privacy}). He told me that the supervisor could not do anything that he, himself, couldn't do so he would help me. I was patient and gave him the opportunity to assist me. I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with him as he "checked my account information to figure out what's wrong". After becoming frustrated yet again with Verizon, I decided to hang up. 

I am terribly disappointed in the quality of service I have received from this institution and I wish I would have weighed my options before beginning a contract with Verizon Fios. I would like to know if someone can actually assist me with this issue and provide some insight as to why the customer service representatives are not communicating my information accurately. 
0 Likes
Re: Who is in charge here?!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FedUpWithFios,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes