Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?

pfergione
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?

Message 22 of 86
(7,960 Views)

E-mail test referred to in above post: finally arrived at 11:10 AM EST. That's 32 minutes - not good!

Smiley Mad

Techman28
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?

Message 23 of 86
(7,950 Views)

As we continue to chase down the root cause for the complaints of latency with our email experience, we need the following info:

1. When was/is it occurring?

2. Was this inbound or outbound email?

3. What mail store is customer on?

4. Using Netmail or POP3

5. Are specific domains appear to be affected?

To troubleshoot outbound latency, we need the headers from the delayed message

The headers from the received message that was delayed

We need data from the sender’s mail system like …

o How many attempts did they make before the message was delivered?

o On those previous attempts, what was the response from the MTA or was it just unreachable?

o A telnet test to relay.verizon.net with the exact output

o A ping and a traceroute to relay.verizon.net

o IP ranges that they use so we can make sure they’re not RBL’d

I would like to have the following info PM'd to me so I can get this resolved 

pfergione
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Problem Sending eMail through Outlook - all messages delayed in Verizon POP-3 Account!

Message 1 of 86
(8,145 Views)

I am having a very difficult time resolving an issue using Outlook as my main e-mail application for my newly installed FiOS service.

The FiOS package was installed today.

Everything works except the problem I'm having in sending e-mails through Outlook. I receive e-mails perfectly. However, when sending emails, there is a delay of anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours before the email is received by the addressee.

My configuration is:

- Windows Vista Business (SP1)

- Outlook 2007

My POP-3 Settings are as follows:

Incoming mail server: incoming.verizon.net

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net

Require Loging using Secure Password Authentication: left unchecked

Under More Settings ..., Outgoing Server Tab

My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: checked

Use same settings as incoming mail server: checked

Under More Settings ...: Advanced Tab

Incoming server (POP-3): 110

Outgoing server (SMTP): 25

Use the following type of encrypted connection: none

A few notes:

- There is no delay when sending the email through Verizon's webmail

- There is no delay when I select the "Test Account Settings" button in the Outlook Account Settings dialog box (the Test Message is sent and received right away).

Every time I call Verizon Tech Support, they say that Verizon does not support 3rd party software like Outlook. They told me to call Microsoft. How can this be? How can Verizon not support one of the most popular email applications on the planet?

How can this be a Microsoft problem, when Outlook works perfectly with my Comcast account and my work POP-3 account?

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Please help - Verizon Tech Support cannot - and I am going to have to cancel and go back to Comcast if I cannot get Verizon to work with Outlook. I cannot have my sent emails delayed 30 minutes to 3 hours when using Outlook.

Thanks in advance ...

timo888
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Problem Sending eMail through Outlook - all messages delayed in Verizon POP-3 Account!

Message 3 of 86
(8,123 Views)
I believe the problem is not with your setup but internal to Verizon on their servers. I just had a 22 minute delay (see my post near yours).  Check the mail headers on the delayed messages and see if you can discern any clues.
pfergione
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Problem Sending eMail through Outlook - all messages delayed in Verizon POP-3 Account!

Message 4 of 86
(8,119 Views)

Thanks for replying !!!

This is driving me crazy. I was actually experiencing a delay sending from Verizon Central (webmail) this morning (5-10 minute delay before the email showed up). I don't experience any delay when sending from Verizon to another Verizon user. Called Tech Support AGAIN this morning and they elevated the issue to Tier 2. The delay sending from Verizon Central seems to have vanished.

I am still having a delay problem sending through Outlook (13 minutes, 20 minutes, 3 hours).

I did switch the Outgoing server port to 587. No difference.

How do I check the headers?

And what "clues" would I be looking for?

Thanks again!

EVO_Unlimited
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 9 of 86
(8,088 Views)

I see most of you are having this problem shortly after your service is installed. Most of the time, when getting a new email, it does take up to maybe 48 hours for your email to be fully set up and configured on the server. Also, it is NOT an outlook or email software problem... It's server related.

If your email is not fully setup on the server, then your emails will be delayed. Also, if the server is moving slow, it will have a big delay. Wait a few days and try again, if it's still hapening then call tech support.

Delivery speed all depends on how fast the verizon mail server comunicates with the mail server you are trying to send to. If the server you are sending to is slow that day, it will delay the email, if the verizon server is slow that day, it will delay the email.

It could just be a fluke day, or the fact you just had the service installed, and your email setup isn't finished yet.

I'll say it again, it is NOT a software problem. The problem lies in the server end of verizon.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Give Kudos to those who deserve.
"Any man can stand adversaty, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
bbranco
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 12 of 86
(8,059 Views)
I have had the same problem since last Friday - emails are taking 1+ hours to be delivered.  I have had FIOS for over a year.
EVO_Unlimited
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 13 of 86
(8,057 Views)
Well, keep in mind the server won't be running at 100% all the time. Sometimes they can get over burdened and lag down a lot. It is usually temporary and should resolve.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Give Kudos to those who deserve.
"Any man can stand adversaty, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 15 of 86
(8,043 Views)

I don't send or receive a lot of emails, but I just went back and looked at todays receipts (I use Outlook Express, but that shouldn't make any difference):

13 emails, most received within a minute of being sent, two that took about 6 or 7 minutes, and one that took 5 1/2 hours. My experience over the last 4 years is most emails take no more than 3 or 4 minutes at most to be delivered, so today does seem to be a little unusual. But I have seen this kind of thing two or three times before, usually resolves within 24 hours, the longest delivery time I can remember was about 13 hours. Hope this isn't a portent of things to come.....

Keller, TX 76248

bbranco
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 17 of 86
(8,037 Views)

As I said, mine has been bad since last Friday 5/12, I had one today with a 12+ hour delay...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title