Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?
BostonDelayed

Seconding bbranco here. I had to use Gmail to ensure mail got delivered Thursday through Sunday. I sent my messages via both Verizon and Gmail. In every case the email from Gmail arrived in seconds. Verizon arrived in a range of 45 minutes to two days.

Definitely a Verizon issue, hands down. It's a non-issue now due to my deploying the Auth SMTP solution as of this morning, but I'm not going to stop publicizing this Verizon issue until it's either fixed or the press take on reporting about it. I'd like to hope Verizon steps up, but...

0 Likes
Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Six (6) emails sent from my @verizon.net on the Verizon outbound server this morning between 10:11 a.m and 10:38 a.m.

All too the same Verizon account. All delivered at 11:18 a.m. this morning.

Latency of anywhere from over an 1 hour to 1/2 hour.

At least all six go there this time.

Since I last posted I've tired of  trying to manage this situation from the bottom up with unknowledgeable Verizon tech support and the local business office. i'm tired of sending test messages all over the place to see what service I can expect. See the thread posts above for similar experiencs by multiple users.

The only attention this will probably get is from Verizon HQ (West Street, NYC), where I will now be focusing my efforts to solve this problem.

Also, per BostonDelayed and bbranco I'm heading over to AuthSMTP -- I can't continue to live with these delays. Unfortunately, my other option -- Cablevision -- had an eight hour outage in my area (rain) over the weekend -- no phone, no TV, and no Internet, so that's not a choice. Until they get their act together and really pressure Verizon in the market, there's little point in switching.

So we just need to keep the push on Verizon to improve their tech support and service.

0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE --

I just got off the phone with Kristin (in Verizon escalated tech support who called me back based on a call I made earlier today to Mr. Seidenberg's office). Very, very helpful.

The problem with the email latency seems to have been resolved, based on what she indicated and some quick test emails I sent while she was on the phone.

Let's hope so.

Thanks again techman28 and Kathleen, and now thanks Kristin as well.

0 Likes
Lilia
EHSFIOS, this is good news - thanks so much for following through on this.  Would you be able to give us more details about what the problem was exactly and what they did to fix it?  I guess I'm not 100% convinced.  I hope I'm wrong...
0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Lilia wrote:
EHSFIOS, this is good news - thanks so much for following through on this.  Would you be able to give us more details about what the problem was exactly and what they did to fix it?  I guess I'm not 100% convinced.  I hope I'm wrong...

Lilia --

I will leave a message in the morning for the Verizon  tech who called me yesterday (Kristin). Maybe she can post on this board -- she's well aware of this thread.

I also received a call last night (10:00 p.m.) from aother tech on Long Island also calling about the problem. Since I don't normally answer anonymous cell phone calls at that hour, it dropped into voice mail.

I will see what he has to say as well, and report back.

EHS

0 Likes
BostonDelayed

Thank you for the updates, EHSFIOS. I still haven't had any feedback from the techs over here. In fact, all I'd received was an email saying "You recently contacted the Verizon Fiber Solution Center regarding your voice service over FiOS. My objective was to provide you with outstanding service."

Voice service? Not even close. The guy was nice, but obviously couldn't be bothered to pay attention to what he was doing.

I'd like to see Verizon follow through and contact all of us who have filed trouble tickets to provide updates. We pay enough for the service, it's not too much to expect an acceptable level of customer service.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

There had been an issue with spam actually a HUGE issue with spam and created a bottleneck if you will. While the servers were being worked to aliveate this issue it created a ton of queued emails which some of you have reported to me and to the forum here. The final upgrades were done this past weekend and shouldn't take very long for emails to get where they need to go.  If you are still experiencing long delays in emails being sent please let me know.

There still may be some queuing until all of the Emails have been sent through.

Message Edited by Techman28 on 06-25-2009 07:54 AM
0 Likes
pfergione

The email delay problem has cleared up for me.

Thanks for all your help Techman28!

(I still may go with gmail for my personal email address, though).

At least I won't have to switch back to Comcast!

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
If anyone is still having this issue please let me know asap
0 Likes
bbranco

I am afraid to change it back and have it fail again...

Verizon does not even have the decency to respond to trouble tickets, either via phone or email.

Lets now try to get a billing credit for this 3 week old problem and see how far that goes.

Comcast may be bad, but this experience with Verizon makes Comcast seem great...

0 Likes