Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?
Lilia

I liked Comcast - their tech support was second to none, and I never had email held up.  I also never experienced the 5 second blackout on TV with Comcast.  If I put in a tech request, it always got answered.  Their tech support was 24/7, not banking hours like Verizon.  The only thing I like better with Verizon is the DVR menus and the ability to view from another room.  I also like the variety of shows that are already available without DVRing.  But as far as the internet speed and a more clear picture - haven't noticed a difference, other than email is MUCH slower, and hopefully that is a thing of the past.

When we first joined Verizon, all service was down for an entire day!  Never saw that with Comcast in the 12 years we had it.

Techman28 may be the only reason I stay - thank you for getting back to us!  But if this kind of problem resolution, or lack thereof returns, I can't promise I'll stay.

0 Likes
Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?
Lilia

Ok, put this out on another topic, so I'll move it here since this seems to be the place to go for Outlook email delays.

It seems to be happening again.  I sent a message on Tuesday at 10:42 am.  The person I sent it to replied today and said that my email was delayed.  The message I sent pertained to a soccer game happening Tuesday night and she got it AFTER the game at 7:00 pm sometime.  Anybody know what's going on again?

Techman, are you able to respond to this?  thanks.

0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Lilia wrote:

Ok, put this out on another topic, so I'll move it here since this seems to be the place to go for Outlook email delays.

It seems to be happening again.  I sent a message on Tuesday at 10:42 am.  The person I sent it to replied today and said that my email was delayed.  The message I sent pertained to a soccer game happening Tuesday night and she got it AFTER the game at 7:00 pm sometime.  Anybody know what's going on again?

Techman, are you able to respond to this?  thanks.

Lilia --

I have had no complaints from people so far, since the last issue, where I ultimatey resolved the situation by contacting the CEO of Verizon.

I just tried a test of five emails outbound to various accounts, including outside the Verizon system, and they were all received within one minute. Same with inbound (well, one was delayed 6-9 minutes, but that's not bad).

I also have received 2 or 3 (at the most) SPAM messages since we had these issues the last time -- which to me has always been a confirmation that Verizon has not throttled back their SPAM filters to such an extent that nothing gets through.

I suggest you do some tests, and see if you can replicate the problem -- send to outside "the system" accounts likeGmail or Hotmail. Let us know.

For insurance, unfortunately, there's always www.authsmtp.com

Report back, so we can stay on top of this -- I'll keep a sharper eye out thanks to the heads up.

Thank you.

0 Likes
BostonDelayed

Hi Lilia,

I didn't want to risk my business by entrusting company-related email to Verizon, so I subscribed to AuthSMTP and stayed with it. However, I did leave my personal Verizon email settings with Verizon. About two weeks after I'd complained regarding the delays, email seemed to resume normal delivery again. 

I just sent an email through Verizon to an outside account and it was delivered within seconds. Hopefully your delayed email was a fluke. It's so frustrating, not to mention the problems it causes!

0 Likes
Lilia

I asked our team manager when my message arrived in her box and she said this morning at 10:00.  It was sent Tuesday, at 10:41, so almost two days late.  FWIW, she also has a Verizon account and uses Outlook.

I also sent message to my yahoo acct. and my daughter's gmail acct, and my own Verizon acct.  It arrived immediately in my Outlook, my Yahoo acct., but still waiting for it to arrive in my daughter's gmail acct.  It's been 20 minutes.

0 Likes
Lilia

I know people have suggested subscribing to authSMTP, but I keep thinking that if we're paying the premium price for Verizon, we should have reliable email so I haven't done anything but keep hoping it corrects itself. 

I found another email that was sent to me and did not arrive.  It was sent to a group of people and my husband received it in his Yahoo account but it is nowhere in any of my folders.  I could see it was sent to my correct email address.  So, mail is still not always reliable with Verizon either coming or going.  I suspect there is a lot of mail not being received but people don't always realize it since it is very intermittent.

0 Likes