Why am I not Eligible for free WiFi
mtnbikeray

I am an existing FIOS triple freedom customer with 20/5 internet.  But when I go to register for the free WIFi it says I'm not eligible and need to upgrade my internet speed.

The web site says

Make sure you have an eligible Verizon Internet plan
  • FiOS Internet – up to 20 Mbps download or faster (Faster and Fastest plans)

The Verizon press release says...

The new WiFi service is also available free of charge for existing FiOS Internet customers with up-to-20 Mbps or faster packages and existing HSI customers who have either an up-to-3 Mbps or up-to- 7.1 Mbps package.

Yet customer service says I need 25/15 internet.

Anyone else have this problem ?

0 Likes
Re: Why am I not Eligible for free WiFi
satoru
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I too have a 20/5 plan but do not appear to be eligible for the free wifi via the website as well.

I hope we can get clarification on this.

0 Likes
mtnbikeray

Has anyone  who has 20/5 internet been able to register for the FREE WiFi  ?

0 Likes
I have 20/5 internet service and I just checked and the w...
bltzburgh

I have 20/5 internet service and I just checked and the website says:

"Congratulations, you are eligible for Verizon Wi-Fi!

You must register for Verizon Wi-Fi before you can use this service. You can do so by clicking on the Verizon Wi-Fi Registration button.

You can also find hotspots and read the FAQs to learn more about this service at the right side of this screen."

I'm not at home, so I will wait until I am on my personal laptop in order to register and do whatever I need to do, but it looks like I can do it.

0 Likes
satoru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called customer service as well and they say you need the 25/15 plan as well.

This is pretty confusing if some people seem to be getting it while other are not.

I hope a mod can come an clarify things.

0 Likes
mtnbikeray

The Customer Service reps seem very confused too.  I talked /chatted with at least 8 different VZ folks yesterday and most agreed that we should be eligible but there wasn't anything specifcally that they could do and tried to remedy it by passing me off to billing, FIOS tech support, web support and various other depts only to eventually find myself back where I started.

0 Likes
satoru
Enthusiast - Level 2
I got a call from FiosTechAL and they said they were aware of the issue and are looking into it. It's probably a back end problem of some kind. In any case I'm glad they're looking into it which I infer to mean that "yes, you are supposed to get this service, but you aren't for some reason". So for now I'll be patient for the issue to be resolved.
0 Likes