Why do I loose my wireless connection?
skoa330
Can someone tell me why I loose my wireless connection from my laptop when I go to make a phone call with my phone?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I loose my wireless connection?
Brennoko
Contributor - Level 1

Your phone is probably on the 2.4Ghz frequency which is the same frequency wireless routers operate on. Try changing the channel on the router to one that is far enough away from the phone's frequency so they don't interfere with each other.

To change the channel on the router:

In Internet Explorer, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar

On the login page that comes up, type admin for the username and password1 for the password (ignore the dots)

Click Change Wireless Settings under Quick Links in the My Router column of the front page.

Under option 3. Channel, select a number from 1 - 11 then click Apply at the bottom of the page.

Click Apply again to save the changes if it asks.

It is pretty much trial and error in determining which channel will be furthest from your phone's frequency, and you might even not find a channel that keeps your wireless connection up every time your on the phone. I had the same problem with my own cordless phone and a linksys router that I ended up having to purchase a new phone in the 5.8Ghz range to keep my connection. With that said, I hope you have better luck then me with this situation.

View solution in original post

Brennoko
Contributor - Level 1

Your phone is probably on the 2.4Ghz frequency which is the same frequency wireless routers operate on. Try changing the channel on the router to one that is far enough away from the phone's frequency so they don't interfere with each other.

To change the channel on the router:

In Internet Explorer, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar

On the login page that comes up, type admin for the username and password1 for the password (ignore the dots)

Click Change Wireless Settings under Quick Links in the My Router column of the front page.

Under option 3. Channel, select a number from 1 - 11 then click Apply at the bottom of the page.

Click Apply again to save the changes if it asks.

It is pretty much trial and error in determining which channel will be furthest from your phone's frequency, and you might even not find a channel that keeps your wireless connection up every time your on the phone. I had the same problem with my own cordless phone and a linksys router that I ended up having to purchase a new phone in the 5.8Ghz range to keep my connection. With that said, I hope you have better luck then me with this situation.

skoa330

Brilliant!!! Thank You

0 Likes