Why do we now need a pin number?
mcdude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so we've got

a.- a verizzon phone #

b- user name

c.- passowrd

d. account number

now when I call tech support they want me to create a pin number.........what the heck for?

As usual verizon makes no sense.

Re: Why do we now need a pin number?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mcdude wrote:

Ok so we've got

a.- a verizzon phone #

b- user name

c.- passowrd

d. account number

now when I call tech support they want me to create a pin number.........what the heck for?

This is an extra layer of security used to stop those who could otherwise get access to your account. It's nothing new, considering everyone under the sun is doing that. Adding a piece to the puzzle gives Verizon that much more ability to stop people from doing nefarious things with the account, should they manage to get your info (eg: Spyware on a computer).

0 Likes
Re: Why do we now need a pin number?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smith6612 wrote:

@mcdude wrote:

Ok so we've got

a.- a verizzon phone #

b- user name

c.- passowrd

d. account number

This is an extra layer of security used to stop those who could otherwise get access to your account. It's nothing new, considering everyone under the sun is doing that. Adding a piece to the puzzle gives Verizon that much more ability to stop people from doing nefarious things with the account, should they manage to get your info (eg: Spyware on a computer).

Most use of pins override the need for password or allow the reset of passwords.  I am anti-pin as pins are usually only 4 digits long.

0 Likes