Why does my Verizon email address book use 'Nickname' as key sorting field ?
shaynemdank

I'm a new Verizon email user and have just created my Verizon email address book from my Microsoft Office Outlook  (not Outlook Express) Contacts file, using the TrueAssistant application that Verizon provides for folks moving to Verizon from another email ISP. Earlier, a  Verizon Tech Support chat-line staffer assured me  it was NOT possible to move my email contacts from Office to the Verizon address book; I guess he wasn't familiar with TrueAssistant.   😞 

The conversion seemed to go over fine, but when I then looked at my newly-created Verizon address book,  in every case  the last name of each contact was stored in the 'Nickname' field , and the first name was completely missing.  When I manually replaced some of the first names in their proper fields and removed the nicknames, the application didn't know what to do with the contact.

Has anyone else had this problem in using TrueAssistant to move contacts from Outlook into Verzon's email address book?

Is it  even possible to see both the first and last names in the display of the Contacts file (or any sub-Group)? And if so, how do I do it? I don't see any way to specify how I want to display t address book entries. Would appreciate some help. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Shaynemdank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my Verizon email address book use 'Nickname' as key sorting field ?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I've never used the TrueSwitch software, but I've never had to. You can export your contacts from Outlook, Outlook Express, etc. into a .csv file and import them directly to your verizon.net account. If you log into your verizon.net account and go to your contacts list there's an Import Contacts button.

If you need any assistance with that process let me know, I can try to provide a step-by-step for your client.

As for sorting by name, this functionality does not appear to be available in the "Basic Interface" of Verizon's webmail. Switching to the "Rich Interface" causes the name to be displayed in a Last, First format and sorting by name is an option.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Re: Why does my Verizon email address book use 'Nickname' as key sorting field ?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I've never used the TrueSwitch software, but I've never had to. You can export your contacts from Outlook, Outlook Express, etc. into a .csv file and import them directly to your verizon.net account. If you log into your verizon.net account and go to your contacts list there's an Import Contacts button.

If you need any assistance with that process let me know, I can try to provide a step-by-step for your client.

As for sorting by name, this functionality does not appear to be available in the "Basic Interface" of Verizon's webmail. Switching to the "Rich Interface" causes the name to be displayed in a Last, First format and sorting by name is an option.

Hope this helps!

shaynemdank2
Enthusiast - Level 1

big belated 'thank you' to SOMEGIRL for your kind help.  [It has taken me nearly two weeks and countless frustrating phone conversations with folks at verizon.com tech support and verizon.net tech support (not to mention verizon FIOS tech support ---aargh), just to be able to successfully register today, at last, for the User Forums and so to be able to send my thanks and register a KUDO for your assistance. You solved my problem!!!

shaynemdank2.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Glad to hear that it worked out for you!

0 Likes