Why is my ping so bad in game.
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Like when I play black ops 2 zombie if I am host I get below 30 ping but the rest of the people are getting way over 150 or higher when I host and if I am not the host I start to get high ping over 150 or even over 200 ping and I lag. Why am i lagging in games even with ports opened? Even battlefield 3 I got kicked by admin because I had a high ping and I was lagging in game. I am playing on a laptop and when I did speedtest wireless since I am on wireless every time and the results are :

1st result with wireless AP mode to open ports on games.

2nd result without wireless ap

3rd result without wireless ap

4th result without wireless ap

0 Likes
Re: Why is my ping so bad in game.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this a console game or a game on a PC you're playing? Do you know how far away the server is when you're not hosting one? 150ms sounds about right if you're crossing an ocean.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

PC on a laptop, always wireless never wired on my laptop.

0 Likes
Supplyguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Skyliner - Thanks for leading me to Speednet. I play like you, wireless laptop to an old internet game (Enemy Territory).  Two days ago my normal game ping of 120 tripled and quadrupled to 400-500 and I can't play.  Connection drops.  Here's my results.  Will follow your case and see if you get any help.  Last time this happened I got none from Verizon and switched ISP's.

0 Likes