Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Wi-fi connect for Mac?

mdcatdad
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Wi-fi connect for Mac?

Message 1 of 6
(2,647 Views)

Back in June I talked to a Verizon representative who told me that Wi-Fi Connect would be available for the Macintosh platform by the end of that month.

Obviously that hasn't happened but since I qualify for this service by virtue of my Verizon Triple Play package  I'd like to be able to connect with my laptop while I'm travelling without having to hunt for free wi-fi locations.

What can Verizon tell us Mac users about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Hubo_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Wi-fi connect for Mac?

Message 2 of 6
(2,550 Views)

Hi mdcatdad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately the Wi-Fi Connect is still not available to Mac users. While there is no time line for when it will become available, feel free to leave suggestions on how we can better improve our services in our Idea Exchange.

--James
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

sturner0430
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(2,544 Views)

What I would like to know is why Verizon seem to think that the Mac is difficult? With Apple taking about 10% of the current computer population it's a demographic that is profitable. It's certainly easier to program for the Mac than it is to program for the various blends and flavors of hardware that run Microsoft Windows.

DePro
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(1,018 Views)

It's ridiculous that Verizon doesn't support Wifi connect for Mac.  Does Verizon EVER have plans to accommodate those of us who have Macs?  Please get out of the stone ages.  You are too big of a company to be so far behind times.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 6
(1,017 Views)

@DePro wrote:

It's ridiculous that Verizon doesn't support Wifi connect for Mac.  Does Verizon EVER have plans to accommodate those of us who have Macs?  Please get out of the stone ages.  You are too big of a company to be so far behind times.

I heard/read from another user

I had a similar issue with an Android device.  I found this web page which explains what's going on an what one can do to get access on other devices.  Unfortunately, it requires use of a pre-Windows 8 PC to set up the account,   The web page linked above explains this all.  I used the process recently, and was able to access a WiFi hotspot at O'Hare Airport (via Boingo service) with my Android device.

So find yourself a friend with a PC, follow the process outline in the web page I used, and you'll have the access you should have.  I guess Verizon doesn't know or care about Mac, Android or pre-Windows (which has been out for almost a year) users.  Or maybe it's "coming soon."  :smileywink:

^^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 6 of 6
(1,001 Views)

@dslr595148 wrote:

@DePro wrote:

I heard/read from another user

I had a similar issue with an Android device.  I found this web page which explains what's going on an what one can do to get access on other devices.  Unfortunately, it requires use of a pre-Windows 8 PC to set up the account,   The web page linked above explains this all.  I used the process recently, and was able to access a WiFi hotspot at O'Hare Airport (via Boingo service) with my Android device.

So find yourself a friend with a PC, follow the process outline in the web page I used, and you'll have the access you should have.  I guess Verizon doesn't know or care about Mac, Android or pre-Windows (which has been out for almost a year) users.  Or maybe it's "coming soon."  :smileywink:

^^^

Thanks for posting my solution from the other thread.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title