Wi-fi connect for Mac?
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Back in June I talked to a Verizon representative who told me that Wi-Fi Connect would be available for the Macintosh platform by the end of that month.

Obviously that hasn't happened but since I qualify for this service by virtue of my Verizon Triple Play package  I'd like to be able to connect with my laptop while I'm travelling without having to hunt for free wi-fi locations.

What can Verizon tell us Mac users about this?

Re: Wi-fi connect for Mac?
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi mdcatdad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately the Wi-Fi Connect is still not available to Mac users. While there is no time line for when it will become available, feel free to leave suggestions on how we can better improve our services in our Idea Exchange.

0 Likes
sturner0430
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I would like to know is why Verizon seem to think that the Mac is difficult? With Apple taking about 10% of the current computer population it's a demographic that is profitable. It's certainly easier to program for the Mac than it is to program for the various blends and flavors of hardware that run Microsoft Windows.

DePro
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's ridiculous that Verizon doesn't support Wifi connect for Mac.  Does Verizon EVER have plans to accommodate those of us who have Macs?  Please get out of the stone ages.  You are too big of a company to be so far behind times.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DePro wrote:

It's ridiculous that Verizon doesn't support Wifi connect for Mac.  Does Verizon EVER have plans to accommodate those of us who have Macs?  Please get out of the stone ages.  You are too big of a company to be so far behind times.

I heard/read from another user

I had a similar issue with an Android device.  I found this web page which explains what's going on an what one can do to get access on other devices.  Unfortunately, it requires use of a pre-Windows 8 PC to set up the account,   The web page linked above explains this all.  I used the process recently, and was able to access a WiFi hotspot at O'Hare Airport (via Boingo service) with my Android device.

So find yourself a friend with a PC, follow the process outline in the web page I used, and you'll have the access you should have.  I guess Verizon doesn't know or care about Mac, Android or pre-Windows (which has been out for almost a year) users.  Or maybe it's "coming soon."  :smileywink:

^^^

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@dslr595148 wrote:

@DePro wrote:

I heard/read from another user

I had a similar issue with an Android device.  I found this web page which explains what's going on an what one can do to get access on other devices.  Unfortunately, it requires use of a pre-Windows 8 PC to set up the account,   The web page linked above explains this all.  I used the process recently, and was able to access a WiFi hotspot at O'Hare Airport (via Boingo service) with my Android device.

So find yourself a friend with a PC, follow the process outline in the web page I used, and you'll have the access you should have.  I guess Verizon doesn't know or care about Mac, Android or pre-Windows (which has been out for almost a year) users.  Or maybe it's "coming soon."  :smileywink:

^^^

Thanks for posting my solution from the other thread.

0 Likes