Wi Fi connection Problems
Mouthpiece6916

Help! After my Fios bundle was installed, I began receiving a Wi FI network called VPYGV invitation to join, I assumed this was the Verizon WiFi that came with my Fios internet connection, but when I put in my password, it tells me its incorrect. What gives ? I've gone back and rechecked my user name and password but haven't been able to connect yet!

0 Likes
Re: Wi Fi connection Problems
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default WiFi password (and wireless network ID) can be found on a little sticker on the bottom of your router.   Take a peek and if the 5 letter/number SSID matches what you're seeing, try the password which is listed there to gain access to your wireless network.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

In addition to what lasagna said, you can see what your SSID and WEP key are in the Actiontec's setup utility.

In your web browser go address 192.168.1.1.   The default username and password are (probably) admin and password.

Once in that setup utility go to Wireless Settings > Basic Security settings.  You'll see the SSID and WEP key there, plus you can change any of those settings (including going to WPA or WPA2 instead of weak WEP)  using that same tool.

kamlesh1

hiiiiii

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kamlesh wrote:

hiiiiii

Hello, welcome to the forums 🙂

0 Likes