Wifi bad outdoors change to Google wifi?
xxnonamexx

I have fios quantum router the newest from Verizon. I noticed when I am outside my porch the wifi signal drops considerably. The router is about 20' away. The walls are sheetrock nothing to prevent the signal to degrade. I was reading about Google wifi. Does that mean I eliminate the fios router?

0 Likes
Re: Wifi bad outdoors change to Google wifi?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are tons of different choices if you don't want to use a Verizon supplied router. 

I have no experience with Google wifi mesh system, but suspect other routers may be even better.

For verizon routers 20 feet is unusually low range.  I can get a signal well away from the house (to a router originally supplied by Verizon, although I am now Frontier), although I actually usually connect to a different router I have in my network.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi bad outdoors change to Google wifi?
jonjones1
Legend

@xxnonamexx wrote:

I have fios quantum router the newest from Verizon. I noticed when I am outside my porch the wifi signal drops considerably. The router is about 20' away. The walls are sheetrock nothing to prevent the signal to degrade. I was reading about Google wifi. Does that mean I eliminate the fios router?

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Section 3.1 will assist you in your questions. You can use any good router. Your last post said something about a Netgear Nighthawk that is a fantastic router. There is also Asus and TP Link etc. 

0 Likes