Wifi Issues
mkidd3
Enthusiast - Level 2

So how many wifi devices are too many wifi devices for the FiOS G1100 to handle??  I was at 14 devices with no connections issues.  Now I'm at 17 devices and I am getting items kicked off and unable to reconnect.   Thougths??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi Issues
jonjones1
Legend

@mkidd3 wrote:

So how many wifi devices are too many wifi devices for the FiOS G1100 to handle??  I was at 14 devices with no connections issues.  Now I'm at 17 devices and I am getting items kicked off and unable to reconnect.   Thougths??

Here is a thought. Go into the router and make sure their are enough connections available such as 192.168.1-192-168.1.250 with that many allocations you should not need swap out which is what you are getting. Additionally it is advisable to say what speed tier you are on.

many routers assign ip addresses automatically from a starting 50, 60, 150+ you can see it in your ip range. The manual for your router will show you where to go to change the range.

when I had cable internet at 15/1 (I used my own modem and router) I had 20-24 devices connected via ethernet and WiFi with no issues. 

Try my suggestion.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@mkidd3 wrote:

Here is a thought. Go into the router and make sure their are enough connections available such as 192.168.1-192-168.1.250 with that many allocations you should not need swap out which is what you are getting. Additionally it is advisable to say what speed tier you are on.

many routers assign ip addresses automatically from a starting 50, 60, 150+ you can see it in your ip range. The manual for your router will show you where to go to change the range.

when I had cable internet at 15/1 (I used my own modem and router) I had 20-24 devices connected via ethernet and WiFi with no issues. 

Try my suggestion.

mkidd3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great, I'll give that a whirl this evening!

0 Likes