WiFi Password - SECURITY ISSUE
RealityCheck1

Why can my WIFI password be accessed over the internet through verizon?   YOU ARE PUTTING MY SYSTEM AN THOUSANDS OF OTHERS AT RISK!    I do not reuse passwords, but many do.   VERIZON IS NOT FOLLOWING BEST PRACTICES.   I REQUEST YOU REMOVE THIS FEATURE FROM YOUR SERVICES.  MY PASSWORD TO THE ROUTER IS NONE OF VERIZON'S CONCERN.  VERIZON CAN RESET AS NEEDED.  

WHEN VERIZON GETS HACKED, AND IT IS A MATTER OF TIME (NOT A THREAT, JUST A FACT), YOU MAY BE PROVIDING EVIL DOERS PASSWORDS THAT PEOPLE USE FOR BANKING, EMAIL, HEALTHCARE AND MORE.  

POOR JUDGEMENT FIOS.

POOR PRACTICE FIOS.

FIOS IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF HELPING.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Password - SECURITY ISSUE
jonjones1
Legend

Stop posting in all caps. 

If you don't want Verizon to have access to your router then go and buy a router not under their control.

pretty simple. Let's not leave out your bank or credit union or your credit cards even your online banking and loans are fully disclosed to those institutions, it is not just Verizon Fios

so let's come back down to reality.

I have been on the internet before it was a mess it is today. And I have never been hacked or scammed or taken over or malware etc. My coworker years ago we use to take over each other's computers from our modems and it was fun. But it is used today as a tech support item.

Relax there is more things to be upset about. 😀