Wireless connection drops on the 57th minute of every hour
lboyce01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have FIOS.  For many months, if not a year, (if not longer) the internet connection drops on the 57th minute of every hour.  On every device in the house.  The Wireless Connection disappears completely as a source on my laptop, my iphone won't load, and my wireless radio loses connection and the radio queue resets.  It's not that all of these are running at the same time, sometimes it's only one device.  But the fact that it is reliably, and always, on the 57th minute of every hour is quite noticable.  Any help appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Wireless connection drops on the 57th minute of every hour
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that's amazingly strange.   I would definitely try a 2nd wireless router, maybe ask Verizon for a replacement, but the only causes that I could think of would be some kind of timed system.  Sprinkler system, alarm system, Timed camera etc.   Also think of anything that you added roughly in that time frame, and even if you don't believe it would interfere, it would be instructive to share it.  Also check If the router is near any equipment,  you could share that here, or look up that equipment and see if it has any timed interval's like that.

it would be something that interfere's with RF signal's,  microwaves, baby monitors, etc.   But in your case something timed. 

Bottom line I Wouldn't rack my brain too much, because a 2nd router will be needed to tell you if you have a bad router, or a wireless interferer in the house, but those are things I Would think of for a problem like that

Re: Wireless connection drops on the 57th minute of every hour
lboyce01
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you for your suggestion! I have called Verizon and they are sending a new router. Ours is somewhat old so perhaps that is the reason. The first time I called Verizon a few days ago they changed my channel but it didn't have any impact. We don't have any timers other than the morning alarm clock so I'm not sure if it is interference. I hope the new router will do it.
Many thanks, again!
0 Likes