Wireless extender with quantam gateway and speed 150/150
Mscelfo
Wondering if I can use the wireless extender (Verizon branded 3000 model) to extend this service. Says its compatible but uses coax to extend, the quantam speed service does not use coax to router, it's an Ethernet cable from the board. Can extender still be used?
0 Likes
Re: Wireless extender with quantam gateway and speed 150/150
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

While I've not used the WCB3000N with my Quantum router, I've seen posts on other forums that suggests it works fine.

FiOS routers have two network ports attached to the coax.  One is a WAN port used only for the link to the ONT and the other is a LAN port used for connections to set-top-boxes and other coax enabled LAN devices.  Further, the router can use either coax or Ethernet for the WAN port.  The LAN ports are not affected by the choice of WAN port.

In short, you can connect a WCB3000N to the router's LAN using either Ethernet or coax regardless of the type of WAN connection you have.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless extender with quantam gateway and speed 150/150
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The wireless extender does work with the fios quantum gateway. It may take upto 10 minutes for the extender to connect because it needs new firmware to connect to the BHR4. However, I have only seen it connected using the MOCA over the coax.

0 Likes