Wireless Internet connection 'disconnects' and extremely slow.
resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

So...2 days ago my internet went from a 4 bar to a 3 bar and its very unstable. Every 10 minutes or so it goes down to 2 bars, this is when it 'disconnects' its so slow that the internet and games disconnect. I tried troubleshoot but it dosnt say anything, sometimes it has the warning sign but...nothing. Please help i cant do anything on the internet.

Re: Wireless Internet connection 'disconnects' and extremely slow.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, try changing the wireless signal.  you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1,  user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it.

Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel

1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.,

after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 3 more laptops which are not mine but my family will it affect other computers using the same modem? i dont think they notice the problem cause they dont play but i dont know if they have the problem..

Hubrisnxs
Legend

there are three channels to choose from, one should be a magic channel for you guys, so they should notice little to no difference at all.   

resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

My internet and wireless lights also keep flashing...

resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

i changed passwork but forgot it ...

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Password should be the serial number on the router and it is case sensitive. Its under the bar code.

Or if that doesn't Work then push and hold the reset button for 15 seconds and then make a new password.
resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

When i type in one letter its shows 3 dots :L

0 Likes
resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

i reset it and tried all the codes..-.-

0 Likes
resumee
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh and also...everyone in my house has 5 bars except for me.

0 Likes