Wireless issue
keifer1066

As of 12-15-2011 my Samsung R580 computer cannot connect to the internet. Early that morning I was able to connect to the internet read my emails and browse ( I leave my computer on to get updates), when I arrived home later that evening my computer was no longer able to connect to the internet. It displays it connects to the router but the router wont connect to internet. I have tried all I know. I was able to ping to the router, that worked according to the directions from Verizon support. I then turned my old laptop on and had no issues connecting to the router and to the internet .  I just purchased a new Samsung Nexus phone it had no problems connecting either. I don't know what happened that morning between me going to work and coming home later that day. I live alone so noone has access to my computer when Im not here, I seriously don't know what happened and still using my old computer any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless issue
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are able to connect to the internet using other devices (laptop and phone). then your issue is with this particular computer. Is this a new system? If u are able to connect to the router using this computer, make sure you are connecting to your router and not a neighbors. Also make sure you have internet access. I had a friend who downloaded a free program that verizon provided that would not allow them to access the internet without setting up an account. They used it to set up parental controls but it truely was a big headache. If you did download a program make sure you aren't blocking internet access.

Smiley Winkgood luck

MrsEd