Worst service ever. Cant even switch to another vendor.. What a MONOPOLY
zytttttttt
We moved to a new apartment in midtown east in New York City last August. Everything works well except for the Internet provided by Verizon.

We have had terrible experience with Verizon Fios since day one. It has been the worst Internet service provider we have ever experience. Back in last August, it took us hours of calls with customer service and 3 appointments to get a technician to set up the service. We had Spectrum over and they told us Verizon is the only allowed vendor in this building. We called the verizon rep that is responsible for the building and the rep claimed to be only sales rep and had no contact with verizon's service department. 

So we have been stuck to verizon despite its slow Internet speed and higher pricing than Spectrum. Yesterday morning, we had issue with Verizon fios again. I spent more than 3 hours on the phone and Verizon has rescheduled/cancelled their appointment twice since 12pm yesterday. I took today off work to wait to Verizon technician to come becuase the verizon rep told us the technician would come today. So i waited and waited... aha, no surprise that verizon cancelled my appointment even without notice. I called verizon post the scheduled time and was told that my appointment got cancalled. 

As of 5pm EST now, I still have no Internet service at my place and no Verizon technician showed up in the last 32 hours since the frist time I spent an hour with verizon rep on the phone. I am forced to use the Internet in the gym since yesterday to work. My roommates and I all have to work and don't have as much time as we wish to waste on speaking to Verizon customer service. 

Good job, verizon, in creating a monopoly in a building and leaving the tenants without no choice to switch. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Worst service ever. Cant even switch to another vendor.. What a MONOPOLY
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi zytttttttt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes