XBOX 360 and FiOS
KMacK
Hey again everybody. Was wondering if anybody else has had this issue that I have been having with my 360 directly connected to the verizon MI424-WR gateway router. The issue I am experiencing is when I turn on my 360 and it's just starting up and signing into my profile and onto LIVE, sometimes it takes forever and sometimes not at all. What seems to be working for now is rebooting the router, but it's kind of anoying to have to do that so often. I can remember when I had my Linksys router (the WRT54GS) with DSL from Verizon, that thing was rock solid. Maybe there's a firmware upgrade now or something. I will keep researching anyways. OK, thanks for your help guys.
0 Likes
Re: XBOX 360 and FiOS
QueenB
We have 3 Xboxes in our house, all set up to Ma FIOS router. You might want to go into your system settings on your Xbox and set your NAT to Open instead of moderate.  That seemed to help when we were having a problem.
0 Likes
KMacK
Yeah, the NAT is set to open. I don't know, maybe I will get on the phone with tech support when I'm bored one of these days and see if I can reconfigure some other settings. Who do you think I should call? Verizon or 1-800-4-my-xbox?
0 Likes
jmejiaa
I'm hacing similar problems, sometimes it will connect and sometimes it won't. It's odd though but my pc does the same thing. It might be my router.
0 Likes
jamileh

This is a port issue actually; try hooking up a second wireless access point (I use a 40 dollar linksys router) and using that network instead of the verizon network.

Works like a champ.

0 Likes
KMacK
Yeah, it's just a shame that there are problems like this. I wish Verizon went with Linksys for their routers... I guess they have a pretty good deal worked out with motorolla with bothe the set-top-boxes and networking equipment....Ah! oh well.
0 Likes
arod

Have you tried opening up the ports for Xbox live?

follow the instructions for your router listed at www.portforward.com

0 Likes