Re: 3D World Cup..Please
black2002ws6

I'm just wondering if my HD DVR will be able to handle 3D programing?

All the 3D devices coming out require a HDMI 1.4 connection.

I'm sure the DVR is only 1.3

I would love some input from Verizon about this.

Are we going to have to get new DVR's or can they make the current ones work?

0 Likes
delt31

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad at verizon about this whole 3d cup diaster.  How do you NOT get ESPN3d for the biggest sporting event of the year? 

If espn 3d is not added shortly, I cam cancelling my service and going to comcast.

Also - to answer the other guys question, HDMI 1.3 is perfectly fine to do 3d tv.  You DO NOT NEED a 1.4 HDMI cable.  That is a myth.  Therefore 1.3 dvr boxes will be fine to deliver the feed.  Do you think comcast has 1.4 outputs?  no and everything works fine.  I can also confirm that sony's 3d games (which are awesome) work well on my 1.3 cable to my samsung.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@delt31 wrote:

If espn 3d is not added shortly, I cam cancelling my service and going to comcast.

Goodby.  Smiley Sad

Verizon will not be carrying 3d before the end of the year. Rumors are they are in negotiation with ESPN to carry their 3d channel. But Verizon equipment are not set up to handle 3d yet. There will be at least 1 and possibly 2 updates to the STB's before the 3d channels are even added to the lineup. Current STB's used by Verizon cannot handle the 3d broadcast yet.

Besides, 3d is just a gimick, it wont last. Its like laser disc's. Neat idea but too involved for most. Besides a minority of people, who really wants to have to put on glasses to watch TV?  LOL

0 Likes
delt31

current stbs can handle 3d.  It's nothing special to broadcast.  As for 3d being a gimmick, sure - you'll be eating your words soon. 

Verizon will be losing a lot of customers for their delay in getting 3d.  It's here to stay and verizon needs to WAKE UP!

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

You're wrong Spacedebris. Verizon will be adding, at least in NY anyway, YES 3D for two games in early July that YES will be broadcasting in 3D. I think it's just a temporary channel, but it will be some 3D never the less.

0 Likes
10nisman94
Contributor - Level 1

@delt31 wrote:

current stbs can handle 3d.  It's nothing special to broadcast.  As for 3d being a gimmick, sure - you'll be eating your words soon. 

Verizon will be losing a lot of customers for their delay in getting 3d.  It's here to stay and verizon needs to WAKE UP!

They're working on it, but really shouldn't be a top priority. I for one am all for more HD channels, that most customers can benefit from (FSC, BBC America, Cartoon Network, etc.), rather than a channel that a very small percentage of customers would benefit from.

The jury is still out on 3d, and will be for quite some time. Just because new TV's support it, doesn't mean consumers will use it. (v-chip anyone)

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

3d tv is not until end of year for fios.  

its a firmware upgrade to the hd dvr. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

After spending all that money on an HD3DTV, do you really want a ball coming out of the screen.Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes