Add Longhorn Network to Fios offering
bevos3

I would like to subscribe to the Longhorn Network when it is available in about August 2011.  It is a joint venture between ESPN and the University of Texas.

0 Likes
Re: Add Longhorn Network to Fios offering
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Bevos3,

Please visit the website for Longhorn Network at http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/ to fill out the request form with your interest to have them broadcast on Verizon FiOS.

You can additionally suggest the idea on the Idea exchange forum at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

Thank you

0 Likes
JBittick6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you know whether the addition of the Longhorn Network will be an incremental cost passed along to ALL FIOS subscribers or just those who desire to have it?

As one who has ZERO interest in the Longhorn Network, I would hope that it would be an "on demand" fee for interested parties vs spreading it across the entire subscriber base.   If it's the latter, I would have to strongly reconsider my TV provide options going forward.

Thanks,

JB

Alisongoldfrapp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Disney may force carriage like they do by bundling the Disney Channel with ESPN.

0 Likes
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't think this network has a single major cable or satellite provider signed up yet. They are asking way too much per subscriber. It may launch with no one able to watch.
0 Likes
Longhorns3

Why should this be "on demand" pricing???  If so, then I want the Big 10 channels removed since I have ZERO interest in it. 

0 Likes
VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Longhorns wrote:

Why should this be "on demand" pricing???  If so, then I want the Big 10 channels removed since I have ZERO interest in it. 

Because the Big 10 Network is on the extended tier, and not a basic tier.  Plus, there is a much broader subset of people interested in the Big 10 network than the Longhorn Network, even in Texas, and especially now that their conference expanded.

If the Longhorn Network was a one-off add (not unlike, say, the Playboy channel), then I would be fine with its availability.  But I agree it shouldn't be added to either a basic or extended tier. 

0 Likes
TommyHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously? Someone thinks the Big 10 network is more interesting to Texans than the Longhorn Network would be. I'm a Texan and I could not care less what Michigan is doing. I do, however, follow the Horns and would like the Longhorn Network included in the FiOS package. Also, btw, "FiOS" was kicked by the spell checker; that's just ironic.

@VectorVictor wrote:

@Longhorns wrote:

Because the Big 10 Network is on the extended tier, and not a basic tier.  Plus, there is a much broader subset of people interested in the Big 10 network than the Longhorn Network, even in Texas, and especially now that their conference expanded.

If the Longhorn Network was a one-off add (not unlike, say, the Playboy channel), then I would be fine with its availability.  But I agree it shouldn't be added to either a basic or extended tier. 

0 Likes
VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

@TommyHG wrote:

Seriously? Someone thinks the Big 10 network is more interesting to Texans than the Longhorn Network would be. I'm a Texan and I could not care less what Michigan is doing. I do, however, follow the Horns and would like the Longhorn Network included in the FiOS package. 

That's funny--I'm a Texan as well, and am more interested in the Big 10 Network that provides twelve teams worth of college football and basketball coverage than a channel dedicated to one school that will only broadcast two live football events between now and the end of the season.

Again, I'm not oppossed to making it available--it simply shouldn't be on the basic or extended sports tier because of the channel's very limited scope.  Instead, make it a one-off, like the Playboy channel, and those people that want it can order it--those that don't, don't need the added costs or risk it crowding out another potentially valuable channel.

0 Likes
blakebisDFW

PLEASE!!!!!  add the Longhorn Network Verizon!!!   It would be a huge mistake on your part not to add this channel to the lineup, especially in TEXAS!!  Which by the way is where I live (Dallas).  I have been a loyal subscriber to Verizon Fios TV, Internet, and Home Phone services since they became available in my area.  I have never complained about anything and have been more than happy with the services (minus the crappy Customer Service agents and Verizon jacking up my price just because I moved 3 blocks down the street).  But, even that being said, I have never considered, much less threatened to cancel my Verizon services, until now. Can't believe I'm even having to get on this forum and complain about this.  What are the executives at Verizon a bunch of Aggies or even worse, Sooners??  I don't understand what the problem is.  It is an ESPN affiliated network.  Just add it before September 3rd so I don't have to switch to Time Warner or DirectTV.

Thank You,

Dissatisfied Customer

ps.  

Hook 'em

0 Likes