Re: BBC America HD on FiOS?
tns
Master - Level 2

@jackmcgann wrote:

@snosberry wrote:

yet another vote for BBC America HD - come on already.

Can anyone cite any instance where Verizon added or corrected ANYTHING, based on customer voting, or polling? or is it all "marketing fluff"?

I'm just saying.......

Several channels were added that were being asked for by customers.  Probably voting/polli does have some impact, but is not the only factor.

0 Likes
emesss
Enthusiast - Level 3

Considering this thread is coming up on its third year, I don't see how anyone believes we are doing anything but venting.

prisaz
Legend

@emesss wrote:

Considering this thread is coming up on its third year, I don't see how anyone believes we are doing anything but venting.

Yea venting from the bottom, and it has been stinking for a long time.Smiley Mad

0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've now got over the fact that VZ does not have BBCA in HD.

Only 10% of whats on it is any good, the rest is repeats and sometimes not even British. Also they take a 1 hr program like Top Gear that has no adverts and turn it into a 1 hr program with 20mins of adverts..... so you lose 20mins of programming.

Also all the screen clutter.

I now indulge my British TV needs by getting full HD downloads.... pleanty of choices. You just need to look.

Tetsujin28A
I just got a Logitech Link. It allows to use my iPad and iPhone as a remote for many sources by Wifi. The software downloaded includes a channel guide. In the Los Angeles area, the only selection available is Verizon Fios Pomona. I noticed that they had "Being Human" as being on air at 12:45am on BBC channel 448. There is no channel 448. Could this finally be a sign of the apocalypse ? Is BBC coming very soon? Opinions?
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Tetsujin28A wrote:
I just got a Logitech Link. It allows to use my iPad and iPhone as a remote for many sources by Wifi. The software downloaded includes a channel guide. In the Los Angeles area, the only selection available is Verizon Fios Pomona. I noticed that they had "Being Human" as being on air at 12:45am on BBC channel 448. There is no channel 448. Could this finally be a sign of the apocalypse ? Is BBC coming very soon? Opinions?

Hard to tell. Are Nuclear weapons really being developed?Smiley LOL

Perhaps we will see what the Brits say in HD. hahaha

0 Likes
pakefield
Enthusiast - Level 1

BBCAmerica is absolute rubbish with all the repeats of the same old stuff like a whole day of Gordon Ramsey.  They used to have an hour of news at 7.00pm, but that went away, supposedly to PBS, but PBS only give 30 minutes at 11.00 pm when I am asleep.  BBC also block their so called "World" service to the US and other countries while at the same time whining about Pakistan blocking them.  I wrote a letter of complaint to the Chairman of the BBC Trust Chris Patten  (Baron Patten of Barnes) but no response.  The BBC has definately been ruined.  Where do you find these other on-line programs that you refer to as something worth watching?  Thanks from Expat Brit.

prisaz
Legend

@pakefield wrote:

BBCAmerica is absolute rubbish with all the repeats of the same old stuff like a whole day of Gordon Ramsey.  They used to have an hour of news at 7.00pm, but that went away, supposedly to PBS, but PBS only give 30 minutes at 11.00 pm when I am asleep.  BBC also block their so called "World" service to the US and other countries while at the same time whining about Pakistan blocking them.  I wrote a letter of complaint to the Chairman of the BBC Trust Chris Patten  (Baron Patten of Barnes) but no response.  The BBC has definately been ruined.  Where do you find these other on-line programs that you refer to as something worth watching?  Thanks from Expat Brit.

I am starting to see it your way. Everything is going to hell in a hand basket. I signed up for the special of all the Premiums for $20 a month. Everything is a repeat. Almost as bad as Net Flix on Demand.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

@emesss wrote:

Yea venting from the bottom, and it has been stinking for a long time.Smiley Mad

Double quote. Perhaps 3 years ago, it was a better channel? Everything on TV seems to suck now.

0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try UKNOVA (they limit how may users) or EZTV has some popular UK programming

0 Likes