Can't get BBC Channel
tkver14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got Verizon FiOS towards the end of 2014, but I don't see anything on channel 189 nor 689. According to my monthly bill, the "package" I got is called "FiOS TV Preferred HD". Shouldn't I be getting at least 189??? I am in the Fairfax, Virginia, area. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't get BBC Channel
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have no idea what channels are currently included in Preferred, but it wasn't it the old prime packages at least for all areas of the country.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you check your account online, you can see what channels are available in each package.

0 Likes
AdamJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its not you.

For the past  year I was on the Standard channel lineup which didn't have BBC America. Recently I switched my plan to one of the holiday deals which bumped me to Preferred and 75/75. I switched to Preferred to get BBC, which at the time it said it had, and just watched it last week. I turned on my TV today to find that I no longer have it. The FIOS channel linup now shows it is a Standard, Extreme and above channel. Verizon changed it.  I called Verizon and was pretty much told thats how it is, we can upgrade you or downgrade you to get it.

isleofnewyork
Enthusiast - Level 2

In New York, it looks like BBCAmerica is available only on their Extreme and Ultimate packages.  It's not even an option on the Custom plan  By contrast, it is available on my cheap, fairly low level, standard Time Warner plan.  It's one of the main reasons I haven't switched to FiOS.  (Time Warner offers other key channels, e.g. local sports, in the same cheap package.)  I have a feeling that FiOS service wold be better, technologically, than my Time Warner Cable connection, but until Verizon offers comparable content at a similar  price, I can't switch.  I'm kind of angry about this and wish Verizon would get its act together.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Every provider has their own plans and decide what channels go in them.

Not sure that Verizon doesn't have their act together just because their plans don't suit the channels you want.

0 Likes