CBS (Channel 509) on Guide is Missing
Johngalt338
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize that Verizon and CBS had contracting issues at the end of 2018 - but CBS is now back on TV but you can't find channels on the guide.  Was Verizon so ticked off by the contract dispute that they chose to eliminate CBS from the guide???  Makes programming impossible.  FIX IT NOW!

0 Likes
Re: CBS (Channel 509) on Guide is Missing
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you tune to 509 if you type it on the remote? Have you tried rebooting the box?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I get WUSA (for me it is channel 519).
Has been working fine.
As other suggested, try power reset of box.

0 Likes
Johngalt338
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can manually tune to the channel but even after several setbox resets it will not show 509 on the guide -- which means you can't program anything from CBS. 

I am in Fairfax County, VA if it matters -- which it might to other Fairfax County residents - but not so sure that Verizon gives a crap.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your guide set to “All Channels”? Can you search for a CBS show? Try going to the Guide and hitting the blue B button and search for a CBS show and see if you can record it the way. Not a permanent fix but worth trying. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So when you tune manually and then hit guide, what does it show?

Have you tried the fix FiOS issues under support?

0 Likes
Johngalt338
Enthusiast - Level 2

CBS is finally back on my guide.  Perhaps Fios finally relented and decided to put the station back in the mix or maybe it was just my TV that was effected.  I do not know.  I do know that Fios never did anything to contact me to figure out the problem and left me floundering. 

0 Likes
rockvilleraven

And now I hear that FIOS wants you to keep a TV without being hooked up to the service just in case it happens again.     I did buy a $15 antenna which I will hook up to the living room set if a disupte happens in the future.

0 Likes