Channel lineup error
TMcD2

I set "record series" for History of Comedy on CNN 10 PM ET Thursdays.  First three weeks recorded fine - since then, I get CNN TONIGHT instead.  Channel lineup still says History of Comedy, as does the meta-data on the recording.

0 Likes
Re: Channel lineup error
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you do a manual recording?

Is the time correct on your DVR?

0 Likes
TMcD2

No, I didn't do something stupid.  I found the show in the Guide, clicked "Record Series".  As I said, the first three episodes recorded correctly. The time on the DVR is set automatically, and EVERY OTHER event is recorded correctly.  This is NOT a user error.

0 Likes
TMcD2

AND, the guide STILL shows "The History of Comedy" while "CNN Tonight" is showing live.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is that the only show on CNN that doesn't show correct guide info?

When you bring up DVR list and go to show, seelct show and hit info.
What is the record date and time?

Is that the only show that doesn't record properly?

0 Likes
TMcD2

I can't answer your first question, since this is the only show I am attemping to record on CNN.

Every response I've gotten here tries to determine what >I< am doing wrong. 

LET ME CLARIFY - the GUIDE said the show was on channel 600 at 10:00 PM EDT on Thursday - LAST NIGHT (THURSDAY), at 10 PM, while the DVR said it was recording the show, I tuned to channel 600 AND IT WAS SHOWING CNN TONIGHT - with that show on (live),  I pressed "Guide", and it said "The History of Comedy"!!!!  The meta-data on the DVR said "The History of Comedy", while the show it recorded was CNN TONIGHT!!!

The listing is wrong, and has been so for several weeks - period.

I just checked the listing, and it shows the same info for this coming Thursday.  One interesting note is that it says episode 5, which is what it said last week, and I believe the week before.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its highly possible that CNN decided at the last minute to replace the show.

it appears they are rerunning episode 4 tomorrow night.

search for it and set to record

0 Likes
TMcD2

After reading the above post (on Friday), I checked the guide.  It showed episode 4 at 9 PM Saturday, and episode 5 at 10 PM.  Today, it shows "CNN Special Report" at 9 PM, and "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" at 10PM.  The times are still scheduled on the DVR, with the new titles.  They REALLY don't seem to want to show this series. I would simply go to On Demand, but this series is not available there.

0 Likes