CHILLER!!
beldame
Enthusiast - Level 1

As bad as this channel is (the only horror option after Comcast bought out Fearnet, which was a great channel), it was still viewed fairly frequently in this household.

Stuff like this is the reason we're shutting off Verizon TV when our contract expires and moving to a streaming service.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What Happened to Chiller?
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Chiller channel ceased operations Dec 31, 2017.

(Soruce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiller_(TV_channel) )

View solution in original post

What the hell happened to Chiller??
loren0097
Enthusiast - Level 1

So you stole yet another channel without saying a word?? Its bad enough it was only available in Standard Definition, but to just take it off without any notice and not replace it with anything similiar...thanks!  WIll be switching back to Cox when my contract is up.  Tired of this **bleep**

Re: What the hell happened to Chiller??
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seems like Verizon is not the only one to have dropped this channel.

On February 1, 2017, Dish Network removed the channel from their lineup. Spectrum removed the channel from their lineup nationwide on April 25.[3] On October 2, 2017, Verizon FiOS removed the channel from their lineup.

Re: CHILLER!!
VickyC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bummer about Chiller, I had saw the announcement and contacted one of the Reps on 9/25.  Said it was not going away but indeed it is.  Very sad.  Most of the programmming was terrible but I loved the Outer Limits and some of the movies.  Will miss it.  I still like Verizon though, I see many of the Cable providers are dropping that channel for some reason.

Heatherista
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally with you on this.  It was the only channel I watch and was forced to because Fearnet was gone.  Now, I turn it on and it's not there??  This is shady business and lousy customer service to not tell customers that they know watch it.  Perfect to remove it during the Fall season. NOT!

Chiller
Healz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why was Chiller Channel dropped from your line up. This maybe wasn't the most watched channel but my family enjoyed. My contract is up 4/7/19 I'll be shopping, bring it back.

Re: What the hell happened to Chiller??
nico213
Enthusiast - Level 3

I upgraded to get this channel and it is gone so is Verizon come December and back to cox but I will ask cox also if they will keep it. As it is now I could care less about cable/fios where we have to pay for what they choose for us. I know someone who left and came back to fios and pay MORE for less channels with their custom tv scam..when will verizon learn...probably never!

Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

Channel as mentioned was in SD and it won't be any loss in my household. Any new channels added should be HD only. TCM needs to be added in HD!

0 Likes
Rlhowe453
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really hate they can just pull a channel out like this. Yes the movies were wacky low budget horror- but were a fun watch sometimes and I loved the series- Outer Limits etc. I called Verizon and of course they blamed Chiller for not re upping there contract. I had the high package just to have this channel- Now when my contract is up soon I will lower package or just dump Verizon

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can lower your package even before your contract is up.

No penalty.