College football on ESPN & Big 10 Network
David672
Enthusiast - Level 1

FiOS has the same problems and ineptitudes as last year.

1] Big Ten Network gives FiOS the channel lineup for the upcoming Saturday on the Wed. or Thursday preceding.  The FiOS program guide invariably displays the wrong lineup until the games actually start.  For ex. Sat. 9/18 the FiOS Program Guide listed the Michigan game on 330 and Ohio St. on 85/585 although BTN Gamefinder listed the opposite.  BTN was correct and the incorrect FiOS Guide listing caused everyone who recorded the game[s] to record the wrong game.

2]  Sat. 9/18 at 8 pm ABC and espn2 carried either Notre Dame or Texas.  In markets where Notre Dame was on ABC [i.e. MD where I live] were supposed to carry Texas on espn2.  However espn2 HD #574 was blacked out instead of showing Texas.  This happened numerous times last year also.  FiOS cannot get the blackout situation and the coverage markets straight.

0 Likes
Re: College football on ESPN & Big 10 Network
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1

As far as #2 goes, sometime ESPN will show their "mirror" games only on the SD channel...which was the case last week for the Texas/Texas Tech game.  The game was only on channel 74.  This is ESPN's issue...not Verizon's.

Check out the coverage maps at http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=coveragemaps2010.  They will usually indicated if a game is only available in SD.  For example, according to the maps, this week, folks in MI, OH, IN, KY, WV, Western PA, Central WI, and Eastern IA will see the UCLA/Texas game only on the SD channel.

This week the DC area will get Wake Forest/Florida State on ABC and Eastern Michigan/Ohio State on ESPN2 HD.  UCLA/Texas will only be available on ESPN3.com.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

A lot of this is not Verizon specifically ... but instead the "Guide" provider they get their information from -- FYI.   This particular guide service is notoriously bad in their accuracy of content and this has been a frequent topic of conversation here on the boards.   There was a rumor that Verizon was looking to switch guide providers, but I haven't heard anything recently on that topic.

0 Likes
David672
Enthusiast - Level 1

to those above  whose replied, thanks for the info

0 Likes