Comcast SportsNet in HD?
Stacekar
When can I see Blazer games in HD?
Message Edited by Stacekar on 11-09-2008 02:25 PM
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Comcast SportsNet in HD?
PDX-FiOS

I'll up the ante.  What about Fox Sports NW in HD??  Perhaps this question should be directed to Fox, but Verizon should have some skin in this as well.  In the Portland, OR-Metro area Comcast airs a ton of NW specific sports in HD on Ch. 788.  The HD feeds come from both FSNW and CSNW.  This means lots of Pac-10 football, basketball, Mariners and Blazer games in full HD glory.   To date, Verizon doesn't have the Comcast equivalent of "Ch. 788."  The technology certainly exists, and it seems like it would be pretty easy to implement / deliver this to NW customers.

On the upside, you do get more HD sports channels with FiOS than with Comcast (i.e.. ESPNU-HD, ESPN News-HD, Speed - HD, Big Ten Network - HD, WGN-HD: Think Cubs & Bulls).  Still, an HD channel specific to NW sports would be fantastic.  I've heard FiOS is rolling out 100 new HD channels (this may or may not include PPV) before Dec. 31st, maybe one of 'em will be aimed at NW sports fans. 

Can anyone from Verizon comment or advise?

Thank you...

0 Likes
PDX-FiOS
Just received a new channel guide in the mail today, states it's effective October 2008.  Under Extreme HD Channels, Sports, I find a new channel:  577 - "Regional Sports Programming."  So I'm thinking,"Cool!  We finally got our Comcast version of 788."  So I check the online guide for 577, it's a No-Go.  I try turning the channel to 577, another No-Go.   The Trailblazers were playing the Hornets tonight, game was on CSNW, Ch. 77.  At game time I rechecked 577, channel doesn't seem to exist.  Will call Verizon Support tomorrow, which I'm sure will be frustrating. 
0 Likes
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
Did you call about 577?  I'm curious what the status of this is.  I hate not getting blazer/college football games in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
dabbler

So, apparently we're dealing with the same BS on the east coast... just so happens my boys (the c's) are playing the blazers tonight... guess what station I have to watch the game on? you guessed it... 77.  All season long, every away celtics game is not covered on the high definition channell.  This is really starting to erk me. 

Frustrated Fios member

0 Likes
tep

Verzion people please answer:   When can Verizon get Blazer games on HD in the Portland area.  My neighbor is a Comcast customer and he is watching all of his Blz games in HD. 

0 Likes