Cricket world cup 2015
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will the Cricket world cup 2015 be shown on Fios? I have the sports pass with Willow on channel 806 but don't see the matches scheduled when I scroll using the guide.

0 Likes
Re: Cricket world cup 2015
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to know what channel would carry the games.

Once you knwo that, then you can see if FIOS has that channel and what package would be required to see it.

0 Likes
erichoya
Enthusiast - Level 3

ESPN holds the rights and it appears to be available only as an online streaming subscription or PPV with some companies.  No word if FIOS will offer as PPV as some providers are appearing to do.

http://recode.net/2015/01/30/espn-takes-another-step-outside-the-bundle-starts-selling-cricket-world...

0 Likes
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks. Hope it is made available on FIOS.
0 Likes
drramki

Any updates on this? I see Dish is offering the Cricket World Cup package.

0 Likes
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted FIOS customer support on chat and was told Willow will show the matches. I highly doubt it though as Willow's own site doesn't mention world cup matches. So still confused and keeping fingers crossed for world cup on FIOS. Can anyone from Verizon FIOS actually confirm or deny that the matches will be made available - either thru Willow or as a PPV package?

0 Likes
drramki

Willow will NOT stream this event as ESPN is the sole provider in USA. Whoever from FIOS customer support told you this doesn't have an idea.

0 Likes
drramki

And if I decide to pay $99 for these matches, I would rather pay it to Verizon and watch it as if it is another channel in my TV subscription (rather than using a streaming device).

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have seen multiple places that say that Willow will show in US vs others that say only ESPN.

Not sure what providers will offer as PPV vs streaming.

0 Likes
mtv2
Enthusiast - Level 2

ESPN has mentioned they will be providing cricket coverage through DISH, Time Warner Cable and Mediacom. No mention of Verizon.

If there is enough interest on these forums we might be able to push Verizon to sign up with ESPN.....

0 Likes