Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Current TV

current_events
Contributor
Contributor

Current TV

Message 1 of 5
(1,876 Views)

WHAT HAPPENED TO CURRENT TV on FiOS?

Having that channel is the main reason why I have the triple play. First you bait and switch, calling the new plan an upgrade, when in fact the upload speed is a small fraction of what it used to be, and now this: Taking away a valued liberal, left-leaning channel. Is this anti-Muslim bias because of whom the owners of the network are?

Please call and write to complain, and if necessary, CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION to protest!

4 REPLIES 4
walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Current TV

Message 2 of 5
(1,839 Views)

Current TV was recently moved to a new channel number.  192 in my viewing area.

You can check your listings here:  http://www.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#channels

As a sidenote, this information was provided on my statement and via a message under Menu > Message Center.

SoKalKyle
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,777 Views)

Apparently they moved Current to 1750 (and supposedly 192 is now part pf their Exreme or Ultimate HD plan) -- it doesn't show up in the guide and you can't record anything on the channel but it is there. And Steph announced (which i missed because i couldn't get the channel) that her last show on Current is next Thursday but they have another TV gig lined-up but they can't announce it...check their Facebook page for more info....

Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(1,710 Views)
Where did my post go!?!?!?!?!?!
ansky973
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 5 of 5
(1,704 Views)

From what I read on another forum, Current TV will become Al Jazeera America.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title