Re: Definitive answer please! Are sports channels, part of the Extreme HD package?
Justin46
Legend

@EVO_Unlimited wrote:

I'm just saying what V-spot is showing me for that zip code and area. By the way, V-Spot is what verizon uses to place orders for residential services. When I pull up that zip code and area, it says FiOS is available, but when you see the addons that are available, it shows the sports package, because it's NOT included in the extreme package for that area.

Then Verizon should immediately correct the website I linked to several posts earlier. It very clearly says that the Sports Package is included in the Extreme HD package by listing the channels when you select the Extreme HD tab.

What is V-spot? Is that something available outside Verizon that us ordinary peons can get to, or are you an employee and have access to it that way? And is what V-spot shows the gospel that can't be changed? I think the OP has a legitimate complaint, and someone in Verizon should stand up and make a real attempt to help him.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Definitive answer please! Are sports channels, part of the Extreme HD package?
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not arguing if he has a legit complaint. He definately does, I'd be mad if I was being shown one thing and in fact that is not correct. I'm just trying to help him understand why he is being charged for the service. Keep in mind, mistakes are and will always be made.

He should call customer service and find out the bottom line.

EDIT:

I need to correct my original post. I think they might have changed it to all of NJ, that doesn't include the sports package.

According to my pricing charts here. The price for NJ is lower because it's not included. That's for all of NJ I believe.

Sorry for the confusion earlier. It looks as though all of NJ does not include the sports package in the extreme.

ECSS New Jersey
Verizon FiOS Bundles
Bundle
Starting
at
12 Month
Bundle Starting at
12 Month
Double Freedom FE + FiOS Internet (10/2) $64.99 FiOS Flex Double Play- FiOS TV Extreme HD + ONEBILL $84.99
Double Freedom FE + FiOS Internet (20/5) $69.99 FiOS Flex Double Play- FiOS Internet (20/5) + ONEBILL $84.99
Double Freedom- FE + FiOS TV Extreme HD $69.99 FiOS Flex Double Play- FiOS Internet (20/5) + FiOS TV Extreme HD $79.99
Triple Freedom- FE + FiOS Internet ( 10/2) + FiOS TV Extreme HD $94.99 FiOS Flex Triple p ) p Play- FiOS Internet (20/5) + FiOS TV Extreme + ONEBILL $119.99
Triple Freedom- FE + FiOS Internet (20/5) + FiOS TV Extreme HD $99.99 Double Freedom ETF $119.00
Triple Freedom ETF $179.00

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-18-2009 04:49 PM
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2

"The OP is hardly in upstate NJ, their zip code is South Jersey (they are south of Philly in NJ). Should be in VHO8 (philly) and get all the sports channels without any extra charge with the Extreme package"

Thank you!   This is what I have been told by my Verizon salesman, (door-to-door), and at least 2 people I spoke to on the phone.  I was told that certain zips in North Jersey close to NYC had to pay extra, but not my zip.   It is in black-and-white right on Verizon's website:   put in 08081, HD Extreme Package, and it INCLUDES channels 300-318 and 585-595HD.   Why is this so difficult to understand for Verizon billing?    I don't know  if EVO works for Verizon, but there is no where in his explanation that says the sports channels are extra.    I only hope this is fixed soon because I spend 45-60 minutes with customer service evcerytime I call them!  Bob 

Message Edited by nuttyirishman on 06-18-2009 03:34 PM
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

EDIT:

I'm gonna suggest you call the national customer service, 1-888-553-1555. If you've been calling them, then call your local store. You really need to get the correct answer here.

When a FiOS re-seller [edit] calls NJ and sells FiOS, the sports package is NOT included. Something is obviously odd with your account, and you need to talk to the proper customer service about it. They'll either keep charging you for it, most likely, or confirm it's included, which I highly doubt that it is.

But call customer service again, and confirm why it is being charged on your bill.

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-18-2009 06:57 PM
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-18-2009 04:10 PM
0 Likes
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I don't know what V-Spots or VH08 area is, but I know there is something wrong here.  There is obviously a "grey" area (North Jersey/NYC), that has different charges than South Jersey/Philly , and it appears my zip is being lumped into the Northern zips, when it should be Philly area.............      I just want it fixed!            Bob
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

A good indication is, this might help, FiOS extreme that includes the sports package costs 109.99, without it included it costs 94.99 or 99.99 depending on which package you have chosen, 10/2 internet or 20/5.

So what are you paying for your extreme package, the 109.99 or 94/99.99?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@nuttyirishman wrote:
I don't know what V-Spots or VH08 area is, but I know there is something wrong here.  There is obviously a "grey" area (North Jersey/NYC), that has different charges than South Jersey/Philly , and it appears my zip is being lumped into the Northern zips, when it should be Philly area.............      I just want it fixed!            Bob

Don't know what V-Spots is (don't work for Verizon) but just an FYI VHO8 is the video hub identification (the distribution center for your video service) for Philly.  As I said earlier, based on your zipthere is no way you should be considered part of the NY / north Jersey area.

0 Likes
MisterBill
Enthusiast - Level 3

@EVO_Unlimited wrote:

A good indication is, this might help, FiOS extreme that includes the sports package costs 109.99, without it included it costs 94.99 or 99.99 depending on which package you have chosen, 10/2 internet or 20/5.

So they really should be selling it as Not So-Extreme HD in the NY/NJ market.

I have the same problem, BTW, and it is very confusing. And they have the same wording (or worse) in the promotion that starts on Sunday. 

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

@Keyboards wrote:
As I said earlier, based on your zipthere is no way you should be considered part of the NY / north Jersey area.

Anyone else feel like we're beating a dead horse? Ok, one more time. Based on your zip code (08081) and according to V-spot (the program used to setup orders for residential services), the sports package (7.99) is NOT included in the Extreme HD Package (94.99 or 99.99).

Call 1-888-553-1555 and verify with a management customer service rep. I know speaking to a regular rep is so much fun, but demand to speak to a supervisor on the floor. Then, explain the problem to them, and get a 100% straight answer. Supervisors always know more than the regular reps.  If the supervisor says it is included (which it isn't), then explain that it was fixed once, and now it's unfixed and they need to fix the issue for good, or explain why it keep appearing on your bill. I know waiting on the phone for like a half an hour is a pain, but do it anyway, speak to a supervisor, and bam, your problems should be solved.

Again, the number is 1-888-553-1555.

Just call, and then post your findings here.

0 Likes