Discovery GO
Waltk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is it we don't get the Discovery Go apps, which inclued TLC, and a few others.

I have become interested in streaming, and although we do get quite a few of other GO apps, Discover and other related apps totally reject the Verizon brand when entered, trying to register. This is ridiculous, the service is totally free to the paying consumer, but for whatever reason, Fios rejects it. I really like the Fios service, but being I have a choice of providers in my area, this would be a deal breaker for me, during my next renewal period, Optimum offers this service, along with a few other small providers, in my area. Try to get this done, as I'm sure any other local provider, would be happy to get my $200+ monthly, as they ring my doorbell twice a month, and offer to also pay my ETF.

Re: Discovery GO
tma658
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been waiting for over 6 months to use the Discovery Go streaming app and have been checking every week or 2 hoping Verizon would show up in the activation but still I'm not allowed to use it. Discovery is one of my favorite channels and Verizon's On Demand doesn't even come close to what the streaming app provides. I'm seriously thinking of accepting Cox Cables offer to pay my E.T.F. and provide me with everything I have now for less than my current bill with Verizon is.  I don't know why they won't allow us to use the Discovery app. when I'm paying close to $300/month.  We can use all of the others like History Channels, ect but not Discovery's, it's very aggrivating !!

emotpix1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not being able to take advantage of online viewing of Discovery programming is a dealbreaker for me.  Definitely will consider switching if this doesn't get rectified soon.

g2akajt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will not renew with Verizon if this is not resolved.

Nickandcrystal1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very disappointed! Will not renew it they don't fix this!!!!!

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it ever happens it probably will be whenever the current Verizon-Discovery group negotiate a new contract.

Slalom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been so disappointed with  the limitations. I to plan to go back to my previous company asap.

Bmaore222
Enthusiast - Level 2

and they wonder why people cut the cord

cmo220
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is unacceptable.  I wish I would have known before I started using Verizon.  Pretty much every other cable company, definitely every other cable company I have heard of allows Discovery streaming.  Verizon does everything it can to screw over their customers and to make a little extra money.  

Side note:  Using the word "not" in a tag is something Verizon won't allow.  It sounds like they know it would be used too much describing things that are not viewable using FIOS.  

0 Likes
LisaK0368
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't believe I can not watch the IDgo channel!  It's my favorite channel!  Every other company is on the list so I really wish Verizon would get with it and let us watch!!