DODGER BASEBALL DODGER BASEBALL..ISN'T ON THE VERIZON LINEUP..STRIKE OUT VERIZON
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

WELL IT IS NOW 3 MINUTES UNTIL THE FIRST OFFICIAL GAME ON

DODGER NETWORK CHANNEL AND WE CAN'T WATCH IT.

NO DODGER CHANNELS THIS YEAR VERIZON?  I RENEWED MY

CONTRACT FOR 2 MORE YEARS.  I HAD TO PROMISE TO A 2 YEAR

AGREEMENT OR I WOULDN'T GET ANY DISCOUNTS UNLESS I

PROMISE TO PAY YOU FOR 2 YEARS.  I HAVE 30 DAYS..30 DAYS

TO CANCEL THE DEAL AND GO TO A MORE CUSTOMER FRIENDLY

PROVIDER.  TIME WARNER CABLE WILL GIVE ME A GOOD DEAL AS

A NEW SUBSCRIBER AND ALSO WILL GIVE ME

LA DODGER BASEBALL ON TWC WILL BE

MY NEW SUBSCRIBER IF I DON'T SEE MY

DODGERS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF MY CHANCE TO CANCEL

C'MON VERIZON..PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE TO THE FANS AND YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!!

COME ON CUSTOMERS FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT FOR DODGER BASEBALL!!!!

Re: DODGER BASEBALL DODGER BASEBALL..ISN'T ON THE VERIZON LINEUP..STRIKE OUT VERIZON
Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Same issue different sport!! Come on FiOS we need to be able to watch our sports teams in Southern California!!!!
Re: DODGER BASEBALL DODGER BASEBALL..ISN'T ON THE VERIZON LINEUP..STRIKE OUT VERIZON
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

My understanding on the negotations is that Time Warner Cable Sportsnet LA wants the satellite and cable providers to make ALL subscribers pay an extra $4 a month for this channel.  Some subscribers don't want Dodger Baseball and some subscribers are willing to pay an extra fee for the channel. 

I am a subscriber who is willing to pay an extra fee for the channel.  I don't think it's fair for all subscribers to have pay for the channel.  That is what TWC wants all the other companies to do.

70% of the fans right now are not able to watch!!

Opening day from Dodger Stadium is tomorrow Friday April 4th versus the Dreaded Giants.  C'mon Corporate companies get your handshakes together and give the customer who pays your salary a Dodger Channel NOW!!!

0 Likes
Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1
I'll watch the games on Firstrowsports for free!!
PJL
Master - Level 3

I, for one, hope that Time Warner's SportsNet LA is NOT added to the FiOS lineup unless it is on an a la carte basis or sports package, which apparently won't happen because Time Warner (and the Dodgers) are DEMANDING that any service that carries their channel must include it in all standard packages or pay them for all subscrivers, not just a la carte or in a sports package.  This is because the contract with the Dodgers requires TW to pay for every subscriver for a given provider even though a provider may only want to offer the channel as a la carte or in a sports package.

This is called greed folks, and I don't want to be forced to pay $36/year for a channel I will never watch. 

Please don't flame me on my opinion as it is, in fact, my opinion.  You may have a different one. 

0 Likes
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree PJL.  I am willing to pay $36 a year for the channel since watching it in my living room with a giant 73" TV with Vinnie cranked up on my stereo economically makes more sense then sitting in nose bleed seats at the stadium and paying for parking, food, and the fake fan sitting next to you talking on their cell.  You shouldn't have to pay for the channel and that is why they can't compromise for the real fan.  Like many customers on this forum we pay for hundreds of channels that we don't watch.

Wow I can't believe I been a Dodger fan since my Mom walked me out to the garage and I saw the newspaper headline "World Champs" way back in 1959 and now I can't watch opening day.  And they say technology has come a long way!! LOL

0 Likes
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Raiders 13..I did this for the exhibition games of the Lakers when this happen previously and it worked all right but wasn't the same.  Probably give it a try this afternoon

0 Likes
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3
Verizon paying the price that TWC wants for a one-team/sport channel is laughable.

I have no interest in my bill being jacked up for something I will never watch
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I GOT THE DODGER CHANNEL AND PAY PER VIEW AND LOTS OF OTHER AND PASSED IT ALONG TO MY DODGER FAMILY MEMBERS ALL OVER THE SOUTHLAND AT ANOTHER SITE..THANKS VERIZON FOR....NOTHING

0 Likes