Dolby 5.1--better apps
news4catman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where is Dolby 5.1 surround???-- this should be a" no brainer" especially for customers signed up with priemium service! you fios techs need to add this to you audio settings-and how about better apps! Also, do your set top boxes really match the resoluations they claim?  I have to say that 1080i seems more "washed out" on some channels picture quality was much better with Directv. Finally why can't you make the local forecast from the wheather channel show the local conditions via zip like directv does?

0 Likes
Re: Dolby 5.1--better apps
tns
Master - Level 2

I don't think there are any channels that are supplied by the channel providers in 5.1 that aren't carried in 5.1 by fios.

Better apps is another matter.

0 Likes
Re: Dolby 5.1--better apps
news4catman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey guys- My settop needed to reboot and somehow the 5.1 dolby was turned off--It is now coming through in 5.1. The only problem I have now is when you reboot your stb no info shows on screen as to what stage it is at or what problems were found-I did find out by downloading your o/m for your stb that there is a way to self test - this should be placed in the menu and title stb trouble shoot by stb manufacturer

0 Likes