Re: Dropped fox how about subscription
Kalkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree, they should have at least had the courtesy to notify customers that they were losing a channel.  Are they going to pro-rate my cable bill?

0 Likes
Tigerlily11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of course not they never want to give us back money just charge us more and take things away.  I contacted them before this all happened and wanted to see what deals they could offer me.  Guess what the deal they offered me was more than what I was paying and I would be getting less.  Now tell me how this makes sense.  

Re: Dropped Fox TV
nancysacs

This is unacceptable. Totally dropping Verizon.  The amount of money I am paying for Verizon FIOS. Same thing got an email New Years Eve. No  Football Playoffs . They have canceled a number of channels on me now and I am sick and tired of them.

The explanation with the gas prices going up kills me also. Fire who ever came up with that one.

0 Likes
Fox 508 dropped
Juice12

Greed is a horrible thing. FOX and  Verizon should think about where they should put their greed and get the 508 problem resolved. There are a lot of contracts expiring every day.  Maybe forever.  

0 Likes
lastmanstanding

yeah ive always paid my bill on time and no courtesy email from verizon about losing fox channel. spent an hr on phone with them about compensation. they keep changing the subject.  my wife and me looking at other options to cut the cort. we have had with corporate greed on all sides. the government also are in collusion with this we belive  . they wont control cable cos, letting them run there rip off,

0 Likes
lastmanstanding

yeah we have had.  they dont really care about the customers. cutting the cord asap. we have a new smart tv in bedroom-wifi only no cable and tons of free stuff,  if i do that with downstairs roku tv i wont need cable,just wifi. i watch the news on my laptop anyway,and sports i could live without it. all cable cos are a scam and they know it.

0 Likes
lastmanstanding

yeah and if i dropped the tv package and had wifi and phone it would cost me $20 more a month than what i have now with tv. what a scam. cable cos monopoly should have been broken up years ago. not enough compettion thats the problem and no regulation like everything else in this country like the opoid issue and gun issue.

0 Likes
Mckzx9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah and guess what channel the Super Bowl is on this year. I’m not happy. Maybe it’s time to finally cut the cord and get a HD antenna 

0 Likes
FIOS drops FOX Boston (25 WFXT)
ff1690
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nice. Right as the NFL playoffs begin. Thanks a lot.

The only reason I still stick with cable is because I'm sort of a sports junkie. Knew I should have stayed with the big boy on the block, Xfinity. Now locked into a contract for another 16 months. At this point I may eat the ETF and cut the cord like so many of my friends are doing. Sick of it all on all sides! Another 3 stations dropped and prices keep going up for less content. And the equipment fees are outrageous. When's the last time you got a notice that said," Hey, we're adding 5 more stations to you package." Never, that's when.

Sure there is blame on both sides, but this is a loss of a major network that carries the NFL playoffs and that is not cool.

OK. Rant over. So that's that. It is what it is. So here is my issue and I wonder if other's have experienced the following:

I live Northwest of Boston and I live in a valley area. A friend brought over an HD antennae and I could not get a single station. Appears I live in a dead zone. Is this possible? It's not the distance, I'm only 20 miles from the transmitter. My cell phone signal is on the weak side but I am able to connect.

Is a dead zone possible due to obstructions? Hills, etc,? Should I try a newer updated antennae? Could we have been scanning improperly? Just seems bizarre that I can't get HD stations only 20 miles away. Thoughts?

Thanks

0 Likes
Jets1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like I can get Fox with Youtube TV, plus it’s cheaper than Fios. Bye bye Verizon in Boston.