Re: bloomberg news
Pl11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bloomberg is literally the only channel I watch daily.  Removing the weather channel was aggravating, but this is unacceptable. 

So, do I make the switch to Comcast, save about 50-60 dollars a month by doing so, and deal with all the hassle of the service migration or do I drop the tv component from Fios only, still keep the Internet access, and just stream?  The latter is surely more convenient, but wow, I’m so tired of paying for the most expensive product on the market that constantly gives me less than the competition. They know how sticky their business model is.  To know I spend more than 6k a year with them between Fios and mobile phone service is troubling. 

Re: dropping bloomberg TV
Crossroads
Enthusiast - Level 1

You go a high-priced restaurant and order a nice steak with some sides. Just as you begin to dig into that steak a waiter comes by your table telling you their meat purveyor has raised the price of steak. Without any apology, shame, or compensation, he removes the steak from your plate, leaving you just the side dishes. What?

WHAT KIIND OF BUSINESS WOULD EVER TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS?

Whatever costs Verizon pays for programming or what profits they do or don't make has no bearing on what I order and pay for each month.  You know there once was a thing called INTEGRITY, yeah, keeping your word no matter the cost. Guess it doesn't mean much in Verizon's world.

And I don't even watch that much TV, but Bloomberg was my filet mignon and now it's gone.

Thanks Verizon.

(Yeah, I know, this will all blow over in a week or so) 

ronbrady
Enthusiast - Level 1

As soon as I can find an alternate provider who carries Bloomberg I am leaving Verizon. You have removed one of the best news programs on TV. Shame on you and. Make a deal with Bloomberg or I am out of here.

{edited for privacy} 

Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is clealy LYING I can not download an app and receive Bloomberg for Free.

Now I have to dump them and subscribe to Comcast.

What a useless company Verizon.

Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

Dropping Verizon, I use Bloombergs everyday starting at 1:00 AM in order to see the S&P 500 futures, Dow Futures, NASDAQ Futures and VIX Index. 

I pay Verizon $150 a month that includes the Bloomberg channel in my lineup.

And Verizon lies and says I can download the same exact content for free on an Android App and that is why they are dropping the Bloomberg Channel.

You leave me no choice but to drop Verizon since I need important info that only Bloomberg TV Provides. 

Liars must be running Verizon?

There is no app that gives me this service only Bloomberg TV and I pay you Plenty.

Happy Holidays Comcast! 

Christopher11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't believe Verizon dropped Bloomberg.  Probably the most insightful business news channel in the nation.  I just resigned with Verizon for two years, they asked me what channels I watch, I specifically mentioned Bloomberg News.  Nobody mentioned it might be going away.  I am done with Verizon Fios, I will pay the early exit fee.  I am sure Comcast will be happy to take me back.  Good Job Verizon, you really know how to keep your customers happy!!

marindm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Woke up this morning and didn't have Bloomberg TV. Didn't receive any sort of notification. I usually spend all day with this channel on the backdrop. It has far better programming than many of the other "news" channels out there. 

Verizon - please bring this back as soon as possible or we will have to revaluate our service provider.  

Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

You're a mean one Mr Grinch

Verizon just shut off Bloombergs TV 

A lump of coal for you too!

haskeli
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - If you are listening to any of this, I wanted to add my name to those who are upset by this.  Bloomberg is a great station because it is an actual news station (not those opinion stations that call themselves news -e.g., CNN, FOX, MSNBC, OAN (that one is a hoot to watch)).  

BornOld
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unlike others, I did not receive an e-mail from Verizon yesterday and tuned to Bloomberg to see a norice telling me that "Fios is working". Fios is definitely not working for me when they arbitrarily drop good programming that I watch daily for no valid reason. The fact that the content is available for free on the Internet is irrelevant. Fox News Channel is also streamed live for free but I am pretty confident that Fox is charging Verizon for that.

The only other cable company in my area, Cox, does not carry Bloomberg so I am going to have to watch it on the Internet. Unfortunately, I have recently renewed my contract and the main reason I subscribed to the TV package I did was to get Bloomberg. A contract used to mean providing a certain service in exchange for an agreed fee but Verizon clearly has no intention of doing that. For me this makes Fios TV worth significantly less than it was yesterday and pushes me closer to cutting the cord when my contract expires.