Re: Bloomberg TV will be removed from the Fios® TV channel lineup - NEED TO REVERSE THIS DECISION
coMCast2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take away Bloomberg. Takeaway Weather Channel. I have an expired Triple Play with Extreme HD, 75 Mbps and unlimited digital voice. Verizon takes away two of my primary channels. I like to flip between CNBC and Bloomberg without going from one source to another. I am annoyed to the limit. Comcast is beckoning. Verizon see the light and give us back Bloomberg TV. 

Re: dropping bloomberg TV
r7brewer
Enthusiast - Level 1
The free online feed does not include the data and news info at the bottom and right side of the screen. Who are they trying to kid? My contract is up and I'm dropping their TV service. I didn't buy a hi-res TV to watch programs on the internet.
Disappearing channels
raemike0
Enthusiast - Level 2

First the weather channel goes, then Univision goes,  now Bloomberg, then what?  I watched all of these channels. I just renewed and lost Bloomberg. No I’m seeing if Cablevision will take me and I can cancel my renewal. I’m tired of Verizon smug message that I can get free Bloomberg from the Internet. Stupid answer. I paid for Fios because I want the convenience of channel bundles. Plus, I replace all of Fios with TiVo or amazon or many services, why would Fios admit their strategy is dying as the majority of content I get from Fios is available on the Internet.  I want to see tv saving when you lower your costs and cut content I like but all I get are weakening channel bundle, higher bills and smug answers from poor negotiators. 

Shellyg37
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon is dropping Bloomberg because they don't want to pay for content they claim Bloomberg provides for free using other media.

Makes sense in the  post fact world we now live in.

So does this mean Verizon will now make the basic tier of service free?

That is the tier that is only the local broadcast stations.

Those are  the ones their content providers put out for free over there air.

I don't think so.

PS does it also mean Verizon will lower Everyone's rates lower because of yet another dropped station.. Again, I don't think so!

Re: bloomberg drop
Shellyg37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like the Verizon shill pushing the "New and Improved" Net Neutrality laws. Are working out exactly as planned.

The rules aren't even official yet and Verizon is already strong-arming a provider and ultimately having the consumers.

Sure, it's not the exact way envisioned by apponents of the new Net neutrality laws.

But the effects are the same.

Instead of charging the provider more for their content to be promoted. They are coming at it from another angle. Want us to provide your content. Give it to us Free!

Only in Trump's America. God help is all

Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
Shellyg37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrong.

Everybody, at least in the North East must pay the Comcast sports fee to Verizon.

Regardless of the package you choose.

The biggest joke of that tax / fee / extortion. Is, even if you get your TV through Comcast / Xfinity, you still have to pay it! 

Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Shellyg37 wrote:

Wrong.

Everybody, at least in the North East must pay the Comcast sports fee to Verizon.

Regardless of the package you choose.

The biggest joke of that tax / fee / extortion. Is, even if you get your TV through Comcast / Xfinity, you still have to pay it! 

You only pay that fee if you have sports channels.

Verizon does offer packages that do not have sports channels and therefore, you would not pay the fee.

0 Likes
lmb317
Enthusiast - Level 1

Too bad I just found out about this. Should have stayed with Optimum. BAD decision by Verizon FIOS as usual. But hey, no reduction in your bill. #Crooked

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In this case, there were no cost savings.

Verizon notice stated that Blomberg wanted to start charging for content they are offering to Internet for free.

Don't know if they are requiring same for other providers at this time or if it was just Verizon's time as their contract was up. Time will tell.

0 Likes
BookBridget
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is also a deal breaker for us. Many of the channels that my husband watches have been dropped and Bloomberg leaving is the icing on the cake. We pay a crazy amount of $ and Fios doesn't want to offer lower pricing to it's existing customers.

We received no notice of the channel being dropped and no one at Verizon cares what channels I want or that as an existing customer I want a fair price.

Leaving as soon as I can line up Comcast, will pay the early termination fee.