Re: Dropping RFD-TV - Poor Decision!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As always there are two sides of the story.

I don't know Verizons side as they have not stated it.

But it would not be te first time two companies were negotiating a contract and one side decided to walk away.

Smitty331
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to "logo" ch 187 or "antenna" ch 479. Basically the same programs

Avanti2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received your announcement regarding dropping RFD Network. This action is totally unacceptable and I will drop my service if you actually drop this network. If you sue me for breaking my contract I will follow up with action against you for breach of contract and will also file a complaint with the FCC. Dropping this fine American network and keeping crap like Al Jazeera America is just stupid.

I demand that you reverse your decision to drop RFD Network!!!!~

kafpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard to believe they are saying 0 viewers!  My husband & I watch it!  

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) RFD is nothing like Logo and Antenna TV. They show reruns of old programs. RFD shows programs with a middle of the country slant.

2) Sorry to inform you but the contract terms you agreed to allow Verizon to add and delete content at will without and change to your fee. That is pretty standard across all cable providers. And you'll be happy to know that Al Jazeera America is shutting down April 30.

0 Likes
RFD TV
RobertRJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to ask the entire community to protest the removal of RFDTV. There are many other useless channels which could be removed without eliminating this very wonderful and well watched channel.

Rediculous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why don't they give us the option? FIOS is digital service where NO channel is available unless the decoder says it is okay.  So it is already built in where we could have just the channels we want.  I do not watch ESPN at all and I heard that it costs over 5 dollars a month for each person.  RFD TV costs only a few pennies per person.  I would love to NOT have ESPN, then use that money to get the channels I want!!!  I will miss my two train shows, the tractor pulls and auctions, Molly B, Hee Haw, and many more.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are asking for is a la carte programming.

Problem is that the content providers don't want it.

ESPN (as an example) tells the cable companies that if you want our main channel you have to take all of them.

You have to put in on your lowest tier and pay me so much for every subscriber you have whether they watch it or not.
Verizon started down the a la carte road with their packages.

Some of the content providers were not happy about it.
And yes, RFD is cheap when spread out over all of the FIOS subscribers.

If only the people who actually watched it wanted to pay for it, its would cost a lot more.

Some studies have been done saying that unless you only want a very few channels, you would pay as much or more than you do for a lot of channels.

Will be intersted to see how long it takes channels like RFD to have a streaming option to allow viewers to watch it.

RFD TV
TigerII
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is dropping the RFD channel for some reason.  Their excuse is to hold down costs.  I don't like being lied to by a big corportation like Verizon.  First they take away the weather channel and now RFD.  It's not to hold down costs, its just because some bigshot doesn't happen to like it.  I have really had it and will be dropping Verizon if and when they drop the RFD channel and I would advise everyone else to do the same as they couldn't care less what the people want.

TigerII
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you completely.  There are way to many sports channels and other JUNK that could be dropped, but they are not doing it to save money.  They drop RDF and I say we drop them.