Re: Dropping RFD-TV - Poor Decision!
HuaracheKid
Enthusiast - Level 1

My father watches this channel faithfully.  It was the reason he chose Verizon over another competitor in his area.  He is very upset that the channel may be dropped.  We've emailed RFD-TV.  The President of RFD-TV plans to take all the emails/letters of support to the Verizon executives in New York.  Hopefully it will work and the channel will be saved again. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given that no other major cable company carries this channel, it will be a large uphill battle.

oledavec
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re 2), that is among the many reasons there are so many cord cutters these days. Dropping chennels with good content is another.

Re: RFD TV
oledavec
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree 100%. Does Verizon have another place to register complaints?

oledavec
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree! Thanks for the post.

jeffbpdguns
Enthusiast - Level 2

First it was TWC then Outdoor and Sportsman's channels, now RFD TV,  what will be next, the Western channel (Luckily that is ties with Encore or it would be gone)

Seems like any channel that is middle America and American values is being deleted.  :"you will watch these government approved channels"

Get rid of MSNBC there are less people watching that in prime time than the RFD at 2 am!

It is frustrating, you try to get your complaints to Verizon and you can only get through to someone in India "Hi, I am Billy Bob" said with an Indian accent....

Bog companies don't care about their viewers until just before they go belly up and then they say "what happened?":

roccol5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think it has anything to do with government approved channels.  I doubt the government would approve The Blaze TV.  I don't watch RFD too much but there are some shows on it I enjoy.  It would be nice if they kept it.  I truly don't understand how they can drop RFD and carry The Blaze.  How many people actually watch that?  It has to be one of the most radical right wing things out there, bordering on the lunatic fringe.  If they're going to carry Blaze why not carry Free Speech TV and Link TV, as the satellite companies do (they also carry RFD)?  I don't think it has anything to do with viewership, reducing costs for the consumer, etc.  It's all about the Verizon executives getting richer than they already are and promoting their extreme conservative, pro-big business, pro-rich, pro-Murdoch agenda.  My contract expires in a few months and I might move to a different provider.

0 Likes
DERF19067

This is a terrible decision.  RFD is not all about corn prices and crop rotation as some comments in the news have said.  THere is a lot of fine entertainment programming and wonderful equestrian programs like the Gentle Giants.  RFD also had the best coverage of the Rose Bowl Parade.  THe FIVE DOLLAR rebate Verizon announced for a 12 month period does not cover the aggravation, especially when we are paying HUGE fees for ,multiple ESPN channels that we do not watch at all, but only have in the package level because we wanted RFD and a select other channels.  I am looking into other options.

0 Likes
socksoreo12
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only option for those of use who love RFD-TV is to drop Verizon FIOS and choose another TV provider.  That is what I'm going to do.  Yes, I will have to pay $140 to break my contract, but it is worth to stop this nonsense of bullying by the might giant Verizon.  Holding down their costs?!  Seriously.  That is such a big, big lie.  Patrick Gottsch was willing to give Verizon a 25% discount.  Instead Verizon decides to drop them.  As far as I'm concerned it it out and out discrimination against the older society.  They wouldn't drop BET because the African-American community would be outraged and yell racism.  And how about dropping one of those sports channels or one of those Hispanic channels.  No, they won't do that.  We'll just pick the senior citizens because they don't matter.  Well, Verizon will see because February is drop Verizon month.

0 Likes
Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

When I had Time Warner two years ago, RFD was carried in HD. I could never understand why Verizon Fios didn't have the HD feed of the channel? Dropping RFD is probably a good decision for the bottom line but not for the subscribers. How soon will its sister channel, Family Net be dropped?

0 Likes