DVR Recording not extending end time
Bizzyb1
I have a lot of scheduled series recording and they are all set to extend 5 minutes past the end time. Lately it has only been recording the original amount of time set by the guide and not extending. Tv shows constantly run late so I'm missing the end to a ton of shows! How do I fix this? Do I need to call for a new box? PS this is a multi-room dvr, not even had it TWO months.
0 Likes
Re: DVR Recording not extending end time
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the recording. There are a couple things to look at that could be causing it. First go to the series and make sure it is still set to extend the recording. It could have reverted back to not extending or another show with higher priority is taking control, so make sure there's no conflicts. If it is still set to extend and there's no conflicts, delete the series and re-set it back up to see if that fixes it. If not, you can try the auto fix by pressing menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required. 

0 Likes
MiMan

I  wish to record football games, and the default length is 3 hrs which is never long enought.  At least extend that time to 4 hours, minimum.

0 Likes
stephen2060
Enthusiast - Level 1

My gripe as well. I used to have TIVO and it was simple to search for a single program (and football game), it would be in the list, and you could extend the time before you saved it. In FIOS you can only extend the time in this way if you go to "Modify Series" but you then get stuck (particularly recording College Games) recording every game on that channel on that day plus the following weeks until you delete the series.

0 Likes
DrBobK1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The manual work-around to the extend recording time is to first set up the single episode recording, and THEN go to DVR/ViewSchedule.  When you select the scheduled recording you can then extend the end time.

I agree with others that this is very frustrating, and not obvious either (except in retrospect).  This work-around was posted way back in April, and clearly the functionality to extend the endtime exists, but Verizon has inexplicably dragged its feet by failing to implement an extend endtime option when the recording is originally set up.  Get with it guys, this should be a trivial enhancement for your programmers to implement!

70boss4291

Really???  5 years later and Verizon still has not fixed the issue?  I might have to cancel my service before I reach the 30 day mark!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes