Re: English Premier League Soccer on NBC Sports
Cik1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Time Warner can have this but we can't?  Comon, please....not an unreasonable request.

0 Likes
buggzy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

it's not unreasonable...not at all, and this is finally the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  i am sick and tired of FiOS not adding sports programming to it's lineup (or only offering it in SD).  i will finally make the switch to DirecTV in the Winter when my FiOS contract is up.

first thing that has always bothered me is the number of channels only offered in SD (how many FiOS customers don't have HD, seriously?).  then, there was the FSCHD fiasco along with the fact they charge seperately for FSC+ while only offering it in SD.  then they took forever to add BeIN, and when they finally did, GOLTV became a spanish only SD channel (that i hwould ave to subscribe to via the spanish package even though i don't speak a lick of spanish).  now there is no Premier League Extra Time (anyone want to bet it will be SD only when it is finally offered?), no FoxSports2 HD, no BeINSports2, etc.  it's a never ending cycle with FiOS.  they give me JUST enough to keep me around while DirecTV has been offering the best sports package IN HD for years...i'm done.

come Winter, it's good bye FiOS, and hellow occasional weather outage for the sake of having the sports i crave in HD the rest of the time.

it's a **bleep** shame.

buggzy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

just an update.  FiOS' complete lack of a meaningful reponse and seemingly complete diregard for soccer fans has pushed me over the edge.  i'm not even waiting for my contract to expire in April.  i just set up a DirecTV installation and will have Premier League Extra Time on 9/14.  Sorry FiOS.  i will be keeping your internet service, but the constant delays in launching new HD sports programming when it's available elsewhere has pushed me over the edge with your TV offering...it's been real.

0 Likes
Backinthefold
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Verizon.  It won't kill you to do something quickly.  Please add the channels, or at least provide an update.

0 Likes
lolhoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll just leave this here...

http://instagram.com/p/eLsXYlKT6Y/

(We kicked FiOS TV to the curb for Time Warner Cable)

0 Likes
Please add Premier League Extra Time Channel
JimRowe78

Bright House Networks and Directv have both picked up the new NBC Channel called Premier league extra time channel. Verizon are listed as being able to. Before I switch to either of those providers I'd like to find out if/when Verizon will offer that channel.

You currently only offer NBC Sports Live Extra which is an online stream of all the games. This is good, but the problem is online there is no option to record the games and so if I'm not available to watch the game live, it means I miss it. If you had the channel available on TV like the other providers listed I would be able to set my DVR.

Here is more info on it:

Premier League Extra Time is a bonus package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost to customers who receive NBC Sports Network. All English Premier League matches not aired on any NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors on Premier League Extra Time.

Providers to offer the Premier League Extra Time package:
AT&T U-verse®, Bright House Networks, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox, DIRECTV, Mediacom, Suddenlink, and Time Warner Cable.

Providers to offer the additional matches via the TV Everywhere package: AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Charter, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH, Suddenlink and Verizon FiOS

Thanks

Jim

0 Likes
buggzy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm back, tail between my legs.  you win this time, FiOS!  DirecTV couldn't find a signal due to an abundance of tree cover (primarily due to one tree).  because of this, i am stuck with FiOS (for now).  if, for some reason, there is still no Premier League Extra Time by Winter, the tree will come down, and DirecTV will be installed.  nature has bought you some time FiOS, but don't delay!

0 Likes
Premier League Extra Time
jameseps
Enthusiast - Level 1

ADD THIS NOW!  It is beyond absurd that you are the only major cable provider who does not offer this service.  Get it done!!!

trevout
Enthusiast - Level 1
My in-laws with the most basic RCN package have these channels, while my $200/month 'every channel' package with Fios doesn't. Absolute disgrace, fix this Verizon.
0 Likes
needeplextra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been 2 Months since the EPL started and still no live extra channels, what is worse is there has been no response by Verizon to the request. Also why cant we have fox Sports 2 in HD??

Come verizon you are falling behind.....