FAQs about FIOS Widgets
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not been able find any information on Fios Widgets. I find in the DC Metro area one family member has Youtube widget and another does not. Similarly I am able to pick and choose which widgets to display in the banner and another subscriber does not have this feature. All parties have 50/50 or faster Internet connection. Questions: Are Widgets Library distributed based on subscription level? Or Geographical Location? Or some other basis? Any update is welcome.

0 Likes
Re: FAQs about FIOS Widgets
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe it depends a lot on the STB you are using.
Are you both using the same model device?

0 Likes
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sure the STBs are different models. I have a builtin DVR and the other party does not.

You raise an interesting question that I had not considered. Can you provide more info as it may require a call in to to Fios Tech Support for upgraded STB and will they oblige?

Do advise.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what more info you are requesting.

I have Quantum that has YouTube widget.

I have no idea on the legacy STBs.

Unless YouTube widget is really important, not enough to upgrade jsut for it as it can be at least $10 more per month.

0 Likes
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am trying to understand why different subscribers with different channel bundles have different library of widgets. To me the term Quantum applies to the router and to the best of my knowledge Verizon has upgraded all Fios Interenet users to Quantum Routers and speeds of 50/50 minimum.

So my observation is that the router is not the cause of widget differences. If the problem is the STB then I will pursue this further with tech support. I needed some background info to initiate an intelligent conversation.

Thanks.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quantum also relates to newest model stb.

Have never heard of differences between plans but between stbs.

What model do you have?

And no, not everyone has had router upgraded.

Some had to buy upgraded router

Either Mw524 rev I or quantum are acceptable current versions.

0 Likes
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you CRobGauth for not giving up on this thread. Yesterday I re-examined my facts and I am wrong in stating the 'other party router' in question was a Quantum router. It is not. My router is Quantum. This could very well explain the differences in widget library.

As you had pointed out earlier I need to look into this. You ask about the stb and I did not pay attention to the model yesterday but will look into it the next time I am there. Will update soon with my findings.

0 Likes
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I look into this widget matter, I find I have a Fios Channel 941 in the Guide labelled YouTube. Who knew!!!

0 Likes