FIOS 1 and local origination channels in Toms River NJ
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am confused about what the status is with Fios 1 where I live.  If I go on my account on the Verizon website, and look at the TV Guide listings on line, it shows the channel in the line up.  I can not get it on any of my set top boxes, however, the channel is there through my QAM tuners on both my TV set and DVD recorder (SD signal only, not HD). 

Friends who live in another part of town apparantly do get the channel 1/501 on their boxes, and it shows up in their on screen guide.  It doesn't on ours.

I really don't want to call about it as it will probably be more hassle than it is worth, and I probably wouldn't watch it much anyway, but it is another option and would be nice to have.  Anyone else out there having a similar observation?

Also, just discovered that the channel from Ocean County College is now on Fios on channel 26 (it's branded as Ocean 20, as that's the channel it is on for Comcast).  They show NASA TV on the overnight hours, for those who are interested. 

Oddly, we are also getting the board of education channel for Kenilworth, NJ on channel 26.  Could that be a test signal for possibly getting the Toms River Schools channel sometime in the near future?  Strange as it might sound, that is probably the one channel that we had on Comcast that I miss, if for no other reason than it was the best early warning for school closings.  (BTW, the Toms River Schools channel is a lot more polished than what I've seen from Kenilworth, for what it's worth.)

0 Likes