Fios ads on cable shows
egosh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just noticed this happening, mostly on MSNBC (that I DVR and watch later) 

The Fios ads i.e This is Fios, this is Big! are running into programming. When the ad ends, the show is already in progress. 

These are local ads I think. There are also ads for local businesses during these prime time cable newsshows. 

I am in the Los Angeles area. 

As an aside, and unrelated to this subject, shows are being cut off about  minute before they end. Even though I have the 

shows set to continue beyond their end time. Is this a glitch in my DVR? (I'll search for other threads on this) 

Re: Fios ads on cable shows
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

There ia another problem with all of the FIOS ads. The volume almost doubles when a FIOS ad comes on and I have to grab the remote real fast to turn it down. I am afraid that one of these times it will damage my speakers. It is horrible at night when others are sleeping and all of a sudden the volume jumps and wakes them up. Verizon wants to make sure you know it is on. But it is stupid to do this since if I am sitting there watching FIOS why do I need to see an ad for it?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

There is a thread on the volume of commercials you might like to read.

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

@egosh wrote:

I have just noticed this happening, mostly on MSNBC (that I DVR and watch later) 

The Fios ads i.e This is Fios, this is Big! are running into programming. When the ad ends, the show is already in progress. 

These are local ads I think. There are also ads for local businesses during these prime time cable newsshows. 

I am in the Los Angeles area.

This has been a problem in the past. There was a thread on it but it must have been a while back as it doesn't show up anymore. This problem isn't unique to Verizon as I've experienced this with DirecTV and while listening to local stations playing national talk show hosts. It's the station/system cutting into network programming either on purpouse or by accident by running a 60 second spot when there is only 30 seconds left on the break. I'd like to think Verizon is in the latter category.

There was a guy named TheSanchez who was in charge of this down in Virginia. I'm not sure if he's still there but that may be your best first step in finding a resolution to this problem  Or if a moderator knows more about this than I it would help if they lent a hand. I'm sure they'd be more than pleased to do so.

0 Likes