Re: fios ads stepping on content of shows
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

I've noticed this on Fox News Channel (SD) and it really ticks me off. I've commented on another forum the network needs to put out a 'must carry' tone to tell providers to pass on the signal as the programming is back.

This is an old issue that includes radio as well. I can't count the number of times I've been listening to a national talk show joined in progress after a local commercial break.

Verizon guy, how do I contact you with the details on when this happens. I can give you channel and time if that helps.

0 Likes
Re: fios ads stepping on content of shows
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

You're the only person I have heard of having this problem on FoxNews SD in your VHO.  Usually when something like that happens on a major news network my phone and email starts blowing up from the higher ups to find out what is going on. 

The reason this is unusual is because the major networks send their tones when they are ready for a commercial break.  We dont play until the network sends us the tone letting us know its ok to play.  When Live news is on the networks cut out the cue tones entirely because they are diverging from their normally scheduled programming, in other words no ads are inserted by verizon during live broadcasts.  Do you notice the commercials cutting in every time its a local ad played or just sometimes?

You can PM the times that it happened and I can check to see when an ad played.  Other than that I dont have any way of going back and checking the broadcast for past ads unfortunatly. 

0 Likes