Fios and HBO GO
galebird1

I might be the umpteenth person to ever post this but I was having no success finding a solution when I searched, so here goes:

I would dearly love to have an HBO GO account. I am an HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime subscriber and very happy with my Fios TV/Internet/Phone... except for this one thing.

Every time I go to sign up following the directions at hbogo.com, I am told that I need to sign up for HBO with my provider. How can I fix this so I'll be able to keep up with Game of Thrones when not at home?

Many, many thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Re: Fios and HBO GO
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

You must first have a Verizon email  username/password. (it needs to be the primary email, not a sub acct)

Once you have that you go to HBOgo.com and click sign up. It will then ask you for your provider. You will select Verizon. Then you will enter your primary Verizon username and password. Once accepted then it will as you to fill out the HBO go info. That should be it.

0 Likes
virginia219

i have a verizon sign in account and password, yet everytime i try to sign up for hbo go it tells me i need to order hbo online. please tell me what i am doing wrong.

thanks!

0 Likes
MuRdOcK2

I did not need a verizon email account. Simply create an online account with verizon, after that go to HBO go and use your username/password that you created to login. If this does not work then you will have to call vrizon to fix this, it's not an HBO issue.

0 Likes
Theywalkamongus

The problem is, when you put in your Verizon User ID and password, it says it's not right--but it is.  The same User ID and password get me into my verizon account.  I want to watch HBOGO on a TV.  It needs an activation code that you apparently get once you register with HBOGO on your computer.  And yes, I know I can watch regular HBO on my TV, but not when the TV in the other room that is on a splitter is watching Showtime, etc.  Any ideas?

0 Likes